Views
Helpful
Replies

import/export config file

Paul Zon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Im trying to export the config file from call manager v8.6 and import it to version 9.1.

I can export it without any errors but once I try to import it to 9.1 it gives me loads of errors.

I'm doing for the whole cucm configuration.

Is it because there are same fields that are different between this two versions?

I was trying to install call manager 8.6, import and then upgrade to 9.1.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am afraid it does not work that way. Yes, the file structure is quite different.

G.

View solution in original post

Take a DRS backup of your production system

Install lab as 8.6 in isolated lab as you will need to have the same hostname/ip address

restore from the DRS backup

change hostname and IP address at which point you can put it up on production network

upgrade to 9.1

That's all.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am afraid it does not work that way. Yes, the file structure is quite different.

G.

Ok,

So I have both ISO's. 8.6 and 9.1

If I install 8.6, import the config and then upgrade to 9.1? or the file to do the upgrade to 9.1 is a diffenret one from the brand new installation ISO?

Well you must be absolutely sure that the versions of CUCM where you exported and where you want to import to are the same.

Then you can download the upgrade image from cisco.com.

G.

Hi Chris.
As Gergely correclty stated, (+5 P G) 9.1 has a quite different structure than 8.6
but if if you import an 8.6 config on another 8.6 than upgrade to 9.1 it should work.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks guys, will do the 8.6 and then upgrade!

May I ask why you are not doing the recommended DRS backup and restore? Why are you going down the import/export route?

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I want to keep the prodution version 8.6 up and running. The 9.1 is just for lab but want to have the same config on it

Take a DRS backup of your production system

Install lab as 8.6 in isolated lab as you will need to have the same hostname/ip address

restore from the DRS backup

change hostname and IP address at which point you can put it up on production network

upgrade to 9.1

That's all.

HTH,

Chris

My thoughts exactly..Chris..Not sure why people want do import/export config. This is the second time soneone has mentioned it and  I find it a little strange..

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: