Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming Call Display - Second Line - 7945/7965 Phones

Here's another good question for all the experts in this community.

If I do not use a second button on a 7945/65 phone for a roll-over line and just change my maximum calls/call busy triggers, when the second call comes in, there is a big box under the first call that displays the persons name and their DN.

If I use a secondary button for a roll-over line and change my primary line to 2/1 trigger, the call will ring on the second line button but I do not get a big box with caller ID and name. All I get is a tiny white text on the bottom of the screen that says "From..XXXX" and no name or anything.

Is this behaviour configurable anywhere in the system or is this a hardware limitation for the actual phone?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should see pretty much the same caller ID when you use the same line for multiple calls. Any chance of posting a screen shot?

Is this CUCM or CME deployment?

Chris

Chris, thank you for your reply.

Yes, when multiple calls are ringing on the same line, with say a 4/3 busy trigger, I get full caller ID on the screen with extension and name.

When I use a roll over to a second line button using a 2/1 busy trigger on the first line, the caller ID is displayed as just the number on the bottom of the screen in white text, it says "FROM.... XXXX" and nothing else.

Is there anyway to change this behaviour or is this by design?

Here is how a SECOND incoming call looks like when the phone is configured with a 2/1 busy trigger on the primary line with roll over to secondary line (different partition)

Here is how the incoming call looks like when it's coming in on the same line with a 4/3 busy trigger.

Is there anyway to get that big blue box with CID on the screen when secondary line roll over is configured?

Hi.

Try to change auto line selct to enable in phone configuration page.

It should work as you expect.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Carlo,

Thanks for the information. I changed it to auto line select and it seems to be a bit better.

I now see a name for the caller but it's still showing up as white text on the bottom and not a big blue box as it does with a single line configuration.

Any other ideas?

I have a client facing the same issue, except I don't recall any text at all ldentifying the calling party of the second call.  That may be because my user has multiple shared lines on her phone with 4/2 configuration rather than one line rolling to another with 2/1.

Was a resolution to this issue ever found?

Thanks,

Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: