cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming calls not getting to Phone - unallocated?

shane.oconnell
Level 1
Level 1

Incoming calls from a PRI are not reaching the phone. We are using MGCP.

Here is a debug of the ISDN q931 debug:

Aug 23 15:36:22 UTC: ISDN Se2/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x2933

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA9838F

Exclusive, Channel 15

Calling Party Number i = 0x0083, '3174400'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '474'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

Aug 23 15:36:22 UTC: ISDN Se2/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x

A933

Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number

Aug 23 15:36:22 UTC: ISDN Se2/0:15 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x80

Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number

Progress Ind i = 0x8288 - In-band info or appropriate now available

As you can see, the Telecom company are sending us only the last three digits - 474.

The extension on the phone is 6674474.

Can you tell me a way to manipulate the digits to prefix 6674 so that it will make the phone ring.

I have tried to do it on the Gateway/PRI on the CM. It does not work. Attached is a screenshot of the gateway config that I would normally use

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

What I've suggested is going back to basics. The SP is sending three digits, you need to prefix the remaining four.

Start with a configuration that at least looks correct... set it up as I suggested, then verify using DNA that the CSS you are using in the 'inbound' configuration can dial the internal extension (using the full, prefixed number that the system will use).

WIth an MGCP gateway there is nothing else to worry about. Don't add translations, they aren't needed in the scenario you have set out, and it can only confuse the issue.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Hi Shane

When you say it's going out with the first number in the range, do you mean you see that being sent out on a debug isdn q931, or on the receiving device at the far end (e.g. your mobile)?

If it's the latter it may be sending out, but just not in the format required by the service provider. I'd probably try sending out 3 digits if they are sending in three (XXX mask) or make it the full national number if that doesn't work.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Create a translation patternon the CUCM in a partition and CSS that the gateway mgcp enpoint uses

eg 4xx translates to 66744xx

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

I would have thought this would work but it doesnt...

I am getting the same result...cannot understand why...Unallocated/unnassigned number...

Shane,

Are you sure your translation can look back into a CSS that has the partition of the phones

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Yes my Css and Partitions are ok as I can call other phones on the network...

I think I need to get the telco to send me all the digits instead of just the last three and then I can use the config in the screen shot above to route calls to the phones...

I would like to know why the call will not complete using the translation pattern 4xx to 66744xx

As far as I can see the 'called party number' coming in on the PRI is 474 which means it should hit the TP above, no?

Guys...

From the debug:

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '474'

Prefix from your screen grab is 667

Why use 'significant digits' = 4 when SP is sending you three digits?

474 from the SP with a prefix of 667 is 667474.

The important thing is to set your prefix to 6674. I would set sig digits to 3 for clarity though it shouldn't matter.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Actually, Aaron I have tried using 3 significant digits and also prefix 6674 and that does not work either...

I am at a loss as to what is going wrong here...MAybe I need to go back to basics here...

I know that you have CSS and Partition checked but is definitely seems like a call routing problem on the  CUCM.

Double check CSS applied on MGCP gateway port has the Partition of the phone.

What is the outcome of Dialed Number Analyzer result from CUCM Servicability page?

-=-

Udit

What I've suggested is going back to basics. The SP is sending three digits, you need to prefix the remaining four.

Start with a configuration that at least looks correct... set it up as I suggested, then verify using DNA that the CSS you are using in the 'inbound' configuration can dial the internal extension (using the full, prefixed number that the system will use).

WIth an MGCP gateway there is nothing else to worry about. Don't add translations, they aren't needed in the scenario you have set out, and it can only confuse the issue.

Aaron

All,

Thank you for the responses. It seems to be working now. I changed the CSS to another one that I knew was working and it worked this morning. I also did this last night and it didnt work...I think a reset this morning kicked them into gear...

Last thing I am wondering if you could help with. The outbound calls go out with a caller ID of XXX4400 which is first number in the range. I would like it to be the last 4 digits of the extension i.e XXX44XX.

I normally put this on the Route group (by going to the route list first, and then clicking on route group) where I can put XXXX on the 'Calling Transform Mask' but it is not working....

Any ideas?

Hi Shane

When you say it's going out with the first number in the range, do you mean you see that being sent out on a debug isdn q931, or on the receiving device at the far end (e.g. your mobile)?

If it's the latter it may be sending out, but just not in the format required by the service provider. I'd probably try sending out 3 digits if they are sending in three (XXX mask) or make it the full national number if that doesn't work.

Regards

Aaron

Again thank you Aaron for your help. Three XXX solved it..