Views
Helpful
Replies

Increase PCD VM size of virtul disk

olanaafework
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I want to use PCD Ver 14 as backup device.

I want to increase the virtual disk. What is the steps and command.

Thank you

8 Replies 8

You can use PCD for backup, but I would recommend to use an SFTP application and map it your network drive.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/14/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide-1401.pdf#page165

9BDD7407-7254-4C66-93E0-C435F9D12208.png

Response Signature

Frustratingly, Cisco has rescinded support for everything else (previously OpenSSH, Cygwin, or TitanFTP); PCD is the only option now if you want TAC support. I’m still mad about it but have failed to change their position on the matter. DRS does not checksum a backup after uploading it to the SFTP server - and I have seen it mark a backup successful in the past yet not be able to restore from it because the upload was incomplete.

Moving backup to network storage we must do it manually  with PCD one thing which I hate.
I still rely on the third SFTP applications.. Anyways thanks for sharing the info..

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Is it supported to modify the vDisk of PCD to use it for DRS backups? We will need much more than 80GB (v14) to use it as a backup server for most of our Cisco collab applications.

Thanks,
Libin Benedict

AFAIK it is not supported by Cisco to change the size of the virtual hard drive.

Response Signature

The PCD documentation has an Increase Disk Space for Migrations section. It's surprising that a command isn't necessary to increase the logical volume partition to use the additional space though; there must be a startup script that does this automatically at boot or something.

Thanks for the reponse, Roger! I am wondering why Cisco is promoting it as the only TAC-supported SFTP, yet limiting the size of the disk knowing that the collab applications take more space than the 80GB.

Really good question, I have no clue. We don’t use PCD for our backups, we use an old version of SolarWind SFTP that doesn’t have a limitation for file size and have been doing so for many years. It works great for us, in fact I used a backup from this as late as last week when we rebuilt our sandbox CM to upgrade it to v15.

Response Signature