Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing RTMT version 14 Windows 11 Install

Jim Pilgrim
Level 5
Level 5

Installing RTMT 12-14 Versions on Windows 11 requires Java releases

jdk 1.8_0 101, jdk 1.8_0 102;  I installed 4 total versions including jdk 11.0.15.1 and jre 1.8.0_341.

You must however follow these steps first in order for the install to work otherwise you get an error:

Flexeraaxx$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load

Follow these steps:

From the Start menu, navigate to 

1. Control Panel System and Security System

2. Click Advanced system settings in the left pane.

3. In the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables

4. Under System Variables, click New

5. Add the following system variable:

JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS
  5. Set the following value for the system variable:

"-Dos.name=Windows 7"
23 Replies 23

I was able to get this working on a Windows 10 virtual machine running in a Citrix environment. Thanks to the suggestions on this page I was able to get it to work. This is what I did:

- Downloaded and Installed Azul Zulu JDK 8.80.0.17 (8u422), 64-bit (zulu8.80.0.17-ca-jdk8.0.422-win_x64.msi). I had previously tried newer version zulu21.36.17-ca-jdk21.0.4-win_x64.msi that did not work. During the installation, enable the option to update the path for the environmental variables.

- Updated the following system Environmental Variables based on suggestions in the following Cisco Community post:

Variable Name: JAVA_HOME
Variable Value: C:\Program Files\Zulu\zulu-8\

Variable Name: JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS
Variable Value: "-Dos.name=Windows 7"

Variable Name: Path
Variable Value: %JAVA_HOME%\bin

- Updated the permissions on c:\Program Files\Cisco\UnifiedRtmt\JRtmt to give all users Full control. Without changing the permissions, the installation would tell me I did not have permissions to create or write to the defined path. I tried creating a directory such as c:\Cisco as the path and would get the same error. The permissions are what need to be modified due to the BeyondTrust security we use.

kdryman444
Level 1
Level 1

Where are you seeing "Security System" it does not exists in the control panel......can you please provide more information?

Just hit the Windows button and search for "Environment" and you should get a hit for something like "Edit System Environment Variables." It is found under System Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables.

Nope, the steps don't help and RTMT still will not work without Java

You are correct. It does not work without Java. In my solution I mentioned that I "Downloaded and Installed Azul Zulu JDK 8.80.0.17 (8u422), 64-bit (zulu8.80.0.17-ca-jdk8.0.422-win_x64.msi)." This is a Java-based application, so it will require the use of Java. 

kdryman444
Level 1
Level 1

This does not work on servers

install open JAVA and give a try. it is working for me

Hammer, I could be wrong here, but I thought this thread was here because we CAN'T USE JAVA.......

The thread is about how to get RTMT to work without using Oracle Java JRE, not about getting it to work without any Java JRE.

Response Signature