cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator and Pulse Secure- PC won't shut down

oldorchard
Level 1
Level 1

I am using IP Communicator and Pulse Secure VPN- when I exit both of these programs my PC will not shut down normally. Any know issues out there with these two programs?

3 Replies 3

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Please check this 

KB40351 - Compatibility issues with Cisco IP Communicator and Pulse Secure Desktop client

Information

Last Modified Date 1/18/2018 6:44 PM
Synopsis
This article provides details about compatibility issues with Cisco IP Communicator and Pulse Secure Desktop client and resolution steps.
Problem or Goal
If an endpoint has both Cisco IP Communicator and Pulse Secure desktop client installed, the endpoint may experience the following symptoms:
  • Windows OS will hang during shutdown and produce a blue screen error (commonly known as BSOD)
  • Pulse Secure desktop client will consistently fail to connect and result in a 1205 Failed to setup virtual adapter message.
Cause
The issue occurs due to CIPC Cisco Discovery Protocol Driver places a bind lock on the Pulse Secure virtual adapter causing the failure.

This issue is applicable only to Cisco IP Communicator and does not impact Cisco Jabber clients.
Solution
After discussion with Cisco, the recommendation is to disable the CIPC driver by reinstalling Cisco IP Communicator using the following command:
msiexec /i CiscoIPCommunicatorSetup.msi DISABLECDP="1"
This feature is only required if you are using a Cisco E911 server for location information.

https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB40351

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Thanks for the reply but I have seen this and have tried this. I unfortunately still have the shut down issue.

Ganesh Maity
Level 1
Level 1

You may try to uninstall the CDP driver.

Open cmd promt and type:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco IP Communicator\CDP>CDPinstall.exe /uninstall

Hope this will help!!

OR

Upgrade to newer version of CIPC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: