Views
Helpful
Replies

ip phone background

mhabaseh1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have cisco ip phone ( 8800 , 7900 , DX650 ), please help me about steps to change ip phone background.

How I can download the List.xml files and modify ?? 

8 Replies 8

You can do that in two ways.

• Using List.Xml.
  • Using Common Phone Profile.
<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>
   <ImageItem Image=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-Fountain.png” URL=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/Fountain.png”/>  
   <ImageItem Image=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-FullMoon.png” URL=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/FullMoon.png”/>
</CiscoIPPhoneImageList

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/14/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-for-cisco14/cucm_mp_cb22707b_00_custom-phone-rings-12-0.html?bookSearch=true#task_6EF6FA87F95A898B4202D617BA3DD0E6

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/english/adminguide/P881_BK_C136782F_00_cisco-ip-phone-8800_series/P881_BK_C136782F_00_cisco-ip-phone-8811-8841_chapter_01010.html

Response Signature

Hello,

how I can get or download List.Xml from cucm ?

Edit the below xml on  a notepad and save it  as List.xml . upload the file to CUCM TFTP.

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>
   <ImageItem Image=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-Fountain.png” URL=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/Fountain.png”/>  
   <ImageItem Image=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-FullMoon.png” URL=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/FullMoon.png”/>
</CiscoIPPhoneImageList

Read the Guides which we shared  . It contains detailed  information on   how to change the background.

Response Signature

You can do that from the webUI or from the CLI. There are a number of post on this topic if you search for it.

Response Signature

Use file list tftp List.xml  to see if the file exist on TFTP.

You can copy the file from CLi using file get tftp List.xml, Since i don't have List.XMl on my lab CUCM , i made a screenshot by downloading  Ringlist.xml. Hope that helps You.

Capture.PNG

Use URL to open from a browser http://{ call manager IP}:6970/List.xml

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refer to the phone administration guide for each phone model you want to do this for, and there is a customization chapter that covers all this, the process is overall the same, but the specs of the image to use might change between endpoints, and they're listed in the admin guide per model. All the admin guides are available online.

This has been asked many, many times, you can also refer to previous questions at CSC.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

mhabaseh1
Level 1
Level 1

I’m checking setting in IP phone 8845, I can’t find background feature in the device

from where I can activate and appear background 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: