Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones C8945 specific setup

Hello,

I have couple of IP phones C8945 want to use it as sharing phones between users.

My questions :

1- Can I change the display phone screen from unprovisioned mode to (Use your user ID & Password) to sign in ? IF yes, how can do that?

2- Can I setup a specific time on the phone to let user login in/out only on the time I add it ? IF yes, how can do that?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For the first question that sound like it would be Extension Mobility. Search for this either in the community or in your favorite search engine and you'll find ample amount of information on this.

For the second question, if I understand that correctly you'd want to limit the availability for when a user can login to the phone. That is AFAIK not possible.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

For the first question that sound like it would be Extension Mobility. Search for this either in the community or in your favorite search engine and you'll find ample amount of information on this.

For the second question, if I understand that correctly you'd want to limit the availability for when a user can login to the phone. That is AFAIK not possible.

Response Signature

Thank you Roger for your answer,

About my first question, Yes it's about the Extension Mobility. I want to change the IP phone display screen from unprovisioned to another thing like ( Use your user id to sign in), because in unprovisioned mode, users thinking the IP phones are not available for use. I will do more search in the Cisco community.

Thank you.

Bassam.

Hi Bassem. 

Could you please provide more details about your current setup?  is it a phone connecting within the enterprise network or connecting over MRA? 

You generally get provisioned when the phone failed to register/download the valid config file from the call manager or the PBX system or f there is no line configured. 

As @Roger Kallberg mentioned EM is the solution for enterprises and if you are using it from the external network you have the option to choose either activation code onboarding or user credentials. 

For EM - references may find here or google it  

MRA Activation  here

Edit: Please check if you have configured a dummy primary line [or configure a logout profile on the phone with a dummy primary line] and make use of the service URL. 

image.png

Regards, 

Shalid 

Thank you Shalid for your information,

All the IP phones have the extension mobility service are active. but my question was about changing the IP phone display screen from Unprovisioned to an another thing like I want to show this message ( Use your user ID and password for signing IN) on the IP Phone display screen. because if the users see unprovisioned showing up on the phone screen, they're thinking ip phone is not working.

Thank you,

Bassam

Please share a picture of the phone display and a screenshot of the configuration of the phone in CM so that we can understand what you mean by “Unprovisioned”.

Response Signature