Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with hunt group - always busy

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

It appears we have an issue with a hunt group, some phones were added yesterday, ever since, as soon as we ring the hunt group it rings as busy.

I even tried recreating the hunt group from scratch with one phone in and it still rings busy.

We are on CUCM version 8.6

The pub and subs are all in sync etc.

Any ideas why this is ?

cheers

9 Replies 9

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Firstly, check to see if the Hunt List is still registered to the Call Manager.

Sometimes, you may need to reset the Hunt List.

Let us know if you still have problems after this.

Thanks

Rob

Hi

Yes it is registered and I have reset it many times, still no joy

Hi

Can you confirm if it is a fast busy tone (a low pitch followed by a higher pitch) or a regular busy tone (all tones of the same pitch).

Can you also post screenshots of your Hunt Pilot, Hunt List and Line Group settings?

Thanks

Rob

Hi

Its all tones of the same pitch,

screenshots attached

As Ratheesh asked, do I understand correctly that the Hunt worked fine until you added the last few DNs?

And when you added the single DN to the line group, was that phone logged into hunting?Untitled.jpg

If that single phone is logged into hunting, try using DNA to see what CUCM is thinking when pathing the call. If CUCM shows that the call should indeed ring the phone/DN that is the target of the hunt, we may have to start looking at traces.

Maren

Hi

I have added the below setting on the phone "logged into hunt group" and it appears to have fixed the issue.

We don't have this ticked on any other phones anywhere and we also use user device profiles which overlay the phone settings.

What does this setting do? and how come the other phones work un hunt groups without it ticked?

Many thanks

Carl

The setting, as the name implies, ensures that phones start off as logged into any hunts of which they are a part. I'm surprised that box is not checked on other phones where hunts are working. I can't say why, then, those hunts do work.

I didn't realize this until I looked just now, but it seems it is the host phone, and not the device profile, that has the "Logged into Hunt Group" checkbox available. I find that interesting since a DN that would ring on a hunt would be the DN on the device profile and not on the host phone. I don't see the logic behind that, but I'm sure there is a good reason.

It is possible to deploy an HLog softkey on user phones and/or device profiles that will allow them to log into and out of hunting. When they are logged out using the HLog softkey, text will appear on their phone screen letting them know they are logged out.

I'm glad you got it working.

Maren

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Just curious on this point "some phone were added yesterday". Does that mean before that, the HG was working fine. ?

I have seen sometimes, creating a total new HG with adding a working phone plays trick and solve it.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

agree with that Rathees. sounds like a DB anomaly, sometimes adding new HG in with new name fixes this, I have seen something similar on 10.x (cant remember exact version)

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.