Views
Helpful
Replies

LIVE MOH STREAMING

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

We need to use a live streaming (music-stingray.com) for our MOH across the organization.

CUCM version 11.5 (UCS)

What are the available options?

Thanks,

MK

10 Replies 10

You might need third party devices like instreamer for that work.

Response Signature

Thank you Nithin,

Is this the only solution available?

MK

For a customer to stream Fm Radio as MOH, I have worked on solution using Barix Instreamer as an MoH Source on Cisco CUCM

Response Signature

Thanks Nithin,

I am trying to understand how this solution will be connected to our CUCM systems? Is it a device that sits in the Data Center and has network connectivity to the CUCM cluster or it's a USB module that connects to the servers?

Thanks,

MK

Before posting here did you spend any time researching the topic yourself? With a simple search on Google I was able to find this blog post in basically no time.

Response Signature

Yes I did and found this following useful link:

Live Stream Music on Hold and Cisco UC on UCS - NetCraftsmen

But as it was a bit outdated, I thought maybe some other people have newer idea to share.

Thanks,

MK

That is exactly the same post that I linked to. AFAIK there are no other options at hand for this.

Response Signature

Thank you Roger, your help is very much appreciated.

MK

The streaming will be over the IP. Enable Multicast on the CUCM MOH server configuration page  and configure the same Multicast IP on the Barix.

Go through the below guides.

https://help.barix.com/knowledgebase/Use-the-Barix-Instreamer-as-an-MoH-Source-on-Cisco-CUCM.4559542305.html

https://www.barix.com/instreamers

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

I believe that I did all the configs following the document your recommended but have no chance to make it work. Do you have any troubleshooting procedures for this to work? There's no MOH at all when one phone puts the other on hold. The result is the same between 2 internal phones or one internal and the other one external.

Thanks,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: