cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Directory Problem with CUCME

gwbarnestx
Level 1
Level 1

My CIsco IP phones do not show a Local Directory when I press the Directory button. They show only the Received, Missed and Placed calls information.

I understand that CME creates the directory by default, yet my ohones don't seem to be getting the information. OTherwise the system is working and I have complete connectivity (i.e., phones register and calls can be made).

Any ideas on how to correct this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do you have the phone type configured under the ephone command

e.g

ephone 1

mac xxxxx

type 7940

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check service config under telephony-service.

And ip http server configured.

Thanks for the tips. Good basic troubleshooting. However, no luck on this one. I do notice that on the phone, settings>network>Directories URL (#27) there is no entry. I tried using the cmd to make the CME the url -- http://10.5.1.225 -- but it never shows in the phones.

Also, I PO-PO the phones every day, no luck. (Power Off - Power On, my acronym).

Any other ideas will be appreciated.

Do you have the phone type configured under the ephone command

e.g

ephone 1

mac xxxxx

type 7940

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for the assist! I got to know, what was your clue? (You know, feed a man a fish and he eats today; teach him to fish and he eats forever.)

Nowhere in the current literature can I find "type" as a requirement. Thanks again.

Thanks for the nice rating..My clue..honestly is expereince..My first ever IPT project, I had this issue and since then I always knew you needed the type command for local directories to work

Also mirror the switch port to which the phone is attached and send the traffic into Wireshark (or similar). Look at what happens when you press the directories button on the phone. It's all SCCP / XML and very easy to decode.

HTH. Barry

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Great troubleshooting reminder. I will do that today in order to refresh my memory on what really goes on behind the scenes.

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

Try power cycling the phones. That's what we do every time the directories vanish.

After a power cycle the corporate and personal directories both reappear.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: