cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple holds on one line

hutto.txed.net
Level 1
Level 1

I have a receptionist that has one line available to receive calls.  When she gets a call and a second one comes in, she is able to place the first call on hold and pick up the second call.  What she wants to do is place the second call on hold and go back to the first call, complete it and go back to the second call on hold.  She has a 7960 phone and we are using SCCP, how would I configure the phone to do this, or can it do this already and we just don't know how to do it.  I am running System version: 7.1.5.33900-10

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you put on hold the second call, did you try to use central cursor (that with two arrows up and down)?

If you use the up arrow you should see the first call highlighted and than you can presse "resume" softkey.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Maximo.

When she answers to the second call, the first is automaticaly placed on hold. Then she can put on hold the second call and go back with the central cursor to the first call and unhold it.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

I tried it and i can see that when i pick up the second call that it does indeed put the first call on hold.  The problem is I don't know how to pick up the first line.  What I see is when I put the second call on hold, The display shows both calls on hold with a number 1 and 2, when i try to resume the first call it keeps picking up the second call, how do I resume the first call?

Thanks

When you put on hold the second call, did you try to use central cursor (that with two arrows up and down)?

If you use the up arrow you should see the first call highlighted and than you can presse "resume" softkey.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure the maximum number of calls accordingly.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate