Helpful
Replies

Music On Hold - Silence

BlondieMacknee
Level 1
Level 1
Can't Hear Music on Hold

Hello,

I don't know what I am doing wrong.  I am attempting to add a custom song for a VOIP phone.  I believe I have everything correct. I am using a WAV file, with a duration of 21 seconds.  16 bit PCM at sample rate of both 44.1 and 8 kHz.  I am sure the file is playable, on my computer.  The process I went through is this:

1. Create audio file
  2. Upload to Music On Hold Audio File Management. (Upload completes.)
  3. Add New, under Music On Hold Server Audio Source.
  4. Apply it to my phones (both 7912 and 7940, alternatively, with Cisco Hold Music as a control on other phone, to ensure hold is working).
  5. Make test calls.    

When I apply the Cisco Hold music, it works.  When I apply custom music, it doesn't.  All I hear is silence.

I am fairly new to this.  What do you think it might be?

2 Replies 2

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

1. First check MOH is registered to CUCM.
  2. Make sure MOH resources is associated to media resource group 
  3. Uncheck the multicast on MOH config
  4. Assign the MGRL to device pool
  5. Make sure the that device pool is added to your phone
  6. Make sure you uploaded the custom MOH file in all the nodes in the cluster
  7. Make sure you can see the content of the file from other nodes in the cluster
  8. Restart the IP Streaming service in CCM Serviceability page 
  9. Cross the configuration (below link)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/configuring-custom-media-files-for-music-on-hold/ta-p/3144809

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Ensure the custom file is applied to the user MOH source on the device page especially the holder. Also, ensure that the MRGL/MRG hosting the MOH server hosting the custom file is present on both the holder and the holdee phones.
MOH is played from the MOH server to the holdee but the check is done by CUCM first on the holder phone (source file/MOH server in MRGL/MRG) and then on the holdee phone.
Silence is usually a mis-configuration. TOH is usually a codec mismatch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: