cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to send a different calling number to the PSTN from the same route pattern depending on the device pool

NICNGUYEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a specific need to send different using the same route pattern.

when any phone on device Pool 'B' dial 112, the Called Party number sent to the PSTN  should be 80012345.

Does anybody ever set such a configuration or knows how to implement it ?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think the best way would be to develop a TCL script on the Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) to manipulate the different  calling number ranges from a file to change to a unique "site calling number"

Has anybody done any TCL script like this before ?

I have. However you can do that using voice translation-profile and rule on the router. You will need to match on destination-pattern based on some steering digits prexied place by the CM.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version of CUCM do you have?

You can use calling party transformation by having different calling party transfirmatiom CSS applied to the DP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nick,

You can try using Called party Xformation CSS..

+++Create two PT+++

1. PT_Xformation_DPA

2. PT_Xformation_DPB

+++Create two CSS+++

1. CSS_Xformation_DPA

Assign "PT_Xformation_DPA" to it

2. CSS_XFormation_DPB

Assign "PT_Xformation_DPB" to it

++++Go to call routing>transofrmation>transformation pattern>called party xformation pattern>add new

Pattern 112

partition PT_Xformation_DPA

called party xform mask:70012345

Next add another pattern

Pattern 112

partition PT_Xformation_DPB

called party xform mask:80012345

Finally go to Device pool

1. Device pool A assign calling party xfomation css = CSS_Xformation_DPA

2. Device pool B assign calling party xfomation css = CSS_Xformation_DPB

Test...

The trick here is based on the device pool, the called party xformation css assigned will be used. Since each CSS matches a different partiton for the Xformation pattern..the final dialled number should be different.

Caveat: dont assign both partiton to each CSS, only assgin the specifc PT for each CSS.

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Chris

Thank you for your answer. My CUCM version is 8.0.3

I will try using calling party transfirmatiom CSS ...

Regards

Nick

Nick configure your setup as explained baove. Assign the calling party xform CSS to your device pools. ..

Hi aokanlawon

This is really helpful to describe all the different configuration step as I am am not that familliar to this sort of configuration !

I will try to set it up and let you know how I manage.

Thank You and Best Regards

Nick

Nick,

Did you really meant to say you want to translated "called" number or did you mean "calling" (caller ID)?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I mean "calling number" (the number which is sent over the PSTN on behalf of the originator which is usually the phone DN)

Regards

Nick

Nick,

That changes a lot of things and it is going to be tricky...

First of all to modify the calling number based on device pool, you will need to use the calling party xformation pattern.

Now the difficulty thing with this is that when you set it up like this, internal phone-phone calls will also see this calling number as 700...or 8000...because they have "use devie pool calling party xformation css" checked.

Hiaokanlawon

Here is the tricky bit... I only need to convert some calling numbers according to their device pool when using a specific Route pattern (e.g. used as emergency number)

For the other calls to the PSTN , I don't need this kind of trick ...

I don't know if you have a better idea on this ?? But I definitely appreciate your help

Thank You and Best Regards

Nick

Hi all,

I think the best way would be to develop a TCL script on the Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) to manipulate the different  calling number ranges from a file to change to a unique "site calling number"

Regards

Nick

I have. However you can do that using voice translation-profile and rule on the router. You will need to match on destination-pattern based on some steering digits prexied place by the CM.

If you are using CUBE then you can use sip profiles. You dont necessarily need to use TCL script. If you know the calling number range I can configure a sip profile that will change the number for you

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

I would need to use a TCL script using the cube as I have thousand ranges of DN to manipulate.

e.g

DN 362200 to 362299 would be transform as 278899 (calling number)

DN 362300 to 362499 would be transform as 245678 (calling number)

DN 373410 to 373439 would be transform as 346677 (calling number)

etc.

And eventually a DN which is not within a configured range would be sent to the SIP trunk as is with no manipulation

Moreover this would make the support team an esier life to maintain a single file separated from the CUBE's configuration

Nicolas,

From a maintenance point of view I see why a TCL script makes sense. But the question is do you know how to write one? Do you also know how to troubleshoot it if something goes wrong? Unless Paolo can write one for you free of charge, then you may might want to consider other options like using sip profiles as I suggested.

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson