cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New CUBE License question CUBE-T vs CUBE-L

Ben Rodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning a new CUCM environment with an ITSP that will connect via a CUBE. CUCM <-> CUBE <-> ITSP, it looks like I will need the CUBE-T-RED license. The two questions I have are do I need 40x licenses per HA pair for 40 trunk sessions? My reseller quoted double per HA pair. I think it should be 40x CUBE-T. Second question is would I need the CUBE-L license for any reason? In what scenario would the lineside license be used? Would that be where my ITSP is the call control endpoint? I tried to look this up but the updated licensing doesn't have a lot that I can find. The link below isn't helpful. CCW doesn't show much more than that either.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-border-element/data-sheet-c78-729692.html#Licensing

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have 2 CUBE routers and you are looking to have a total of 40 sessions, with redundancy, you need to purchase 

40x CUBE-T-RED total. You do not need to buy that for each CUBE router.

I think that is what you were asking.....?

Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

CUBE-T is CUBE-trunking which is One trunk session license. This interfaces with your ITSP. A typical scenario, where you register your phones to your CUCM and connect to ITSP using your SIP Trunk

CUBE-T-STD is without redundancy
CUBE-T-RED is for double box redundancy.

CUBE-T-STD.png

CUBE-L-STD is line session licenses
CUBE-L-RED is line session redundancy.

In this case, you register your endpoints over the cloud. No CUCM/PBX on premise. The line sessions allow the phones to register to cloud thru the secure CUBE.

CUBE-L-STD.png

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

If you have 2 CUBE routers and you are looking to have a total of 40 sessions, with redundancy, you need to purchase 

40x CUBE-T-RED total. You do not need to buy that for each CUBE router.

I think that is what you were asking.....?

Steve

Thanks everyone. Both replies were helpful. They confirmed what I was thinking

Hello,

This might be late response. But my understanding is if the CUBEs are in different location (Or different LAN) then you will need the CUBE-T-STD for both CUBEs. In order for the  CUBE-T-RED to work, you will need both CUBEs on the same LAN.

Hello,

The next question would be about smart licensing registration:

how to register two redundant ISR 4331 chassis for one CUBE-T-RED license when using an IOS v 16.12.02?

The following CSSM registration shows no compliance for the properly registered CUBE2 and missed chassis Licenses for ISR 1 and 2, but CUBE-T-RED is recognized only for the first registered chassis.

What are the supplementary steps to have two ISR 4331 with  HA and CUBE-T-RED properly recognized and licensed on a smart account ?

Here are the license summaries  after registration of the chassis with own token IDs.

## ISR4331 - CUBE1

License Authorization:
Last Communication Attempt: SUCCEEDED
Next Communication Attempt: Nov 28 05:15:49 2019 CET

License Usage:
License Entitlement tag Count Status
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ISR_4331_UnifiedComm... (ISR_4331_UnifiedCommun...) 1 OUT OF COMPLIANCE
ISR_4331_Security (ISR_4331_Security) 1 OUT OF COMPLIANCE
CUBE v12 Trunk Redun... (CUBE_T_RED) 30 AUTHORIZED

## ISR4331 - CUBE2 in HA Mode

License Authorization:
Last Communication Attempt: SUCCEEDED
Next Communication Attempt: Nov 28 05:35:54 2019 CET

License Usage:
License Entitlement tag Count Status
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ISR_4331_UnifiedComm... (ISR_4331_UnifiedCommun...) 1 OUT OF COMPLIANCE
ISR_4331_Security (ISR_4331_Security) 1 OUT OF COMPLIANCE
CUBE v12 Trunk Stand... (CUBE_T_STD) 30 OUT OF COMPLIANCE

Cheers,

Jacky

This might have been better posted as a new question. But, did you ever get this resolved?

Ryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: