==============================================================================

10.0.1.21       10.0.1.22       3 u   21   64 377   0.346 126.507 51.418

10.0.1.22       10.0.1.22       2 u  14   64 377   0.239 129.458 45.550

unsynchronised

time server re-starting

polling server every 64 s

Current time in UTC is : Sun Sep 25 14:48:24 UTC 2011

Current time in Africa/Harare is : Sun Sep 25 16:48:24 CAT 2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two server are used to install publisher and both  are accessible when navigating from OS any one has an explanation ,and why it's

unsynchronized .

17 Replies 17

Hi Osama.

Did you add this node to server list on the first node?

Check also the hostname/ip address you configured on this node during setup.

Hope this help.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Many thanks Carlo .

Yes i checked the publisher configuration for that sub ,also the hostname/ip address of publisher is correct .

Hi Osama.

Can you post the output of a "show network cluster" ?

Thanks

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Are the two IPv4 addresses shown there full NTPv4-compliant servers? Most noteably Windows servers are not since they use SNTP. A good test of this is whether Catalyst/ISR hardware is capable of syncronziing with those IP addresses. SNTP is a stripped down version of NTP that misses

My guess is they are Windows hosts since: a) they are in the middle of a subnet; b) they are providing enough data for ntpd to see their stratum and such; and, c) ntpd is still choosing not to syncronize with them. That is exactly how an NTPv4 compliant server will behave when trying to pull time from an SNTP server.

Amazing

thanks so much jonathan I'll check and give feed back,any doc. should I read to get more info. also your recommendation to my case is highly appreciated .

It has been my experience that using a Windows based NTP (or SNTP to be more accurate) server for your CUCM envronment is bad mojo.  Get a Linux server (or the like) on the network and use it for NTP, it can also provide a good SFTP location for backups and a spare TFTP server for phones if you need it to.  I know Linux can be a pain, expecially if you are unfamiliar with it but i does really provide the best platform for these functions.

I ran into this same issue trying to build a cluster offline with no access to the internet.  I was using Windows Server as NTP.  Showed up as accessible in the web GUI but unsynchronized from CLI.  I ended up installing NetTime (http://www.timesynctool.com/) on my Windows servers and used it as the NTP server instead and CUCM was able to synchronize and I was able to complete the installation of the subscriber node.

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing the info on NetTime[+5].

Is it just a matter of installing this tool when on Windows Machine when we do not have internet access or do we need to more configs related to NTP?

regds,

aman

Yes, I installed this on a Windows server that did not have Internet access.  I'm rebuilding my cluster offline to avoid hours of downtime.  I have to reinstall my 9.1.1 cluster with a clean OVA template because it detects unaligned partitions after I upgraded to 9.2

A00460610
Level 1
Level 1

Have you found a solution to this? I'm installing CUCM (8.5), Unity, UCCX (8.5) on a UCS-C200-M2 and keep having this issue, I've installed the OS on al vmware machines, but can't get throught the setup process, because I keep getting the NTP inaccessible message (on al servers). I have tested connectivity to the LAN, I can even ping my servers (vmware servers) from other computers but can't get it to recognize any ntp server (local or public). I can't login to the CLI because it won't take my user/password; i guess they are still in default. Help!

Answering my own question, NTP server has to have a low stratum (say 1-8) otherwise, CUCM, UNITY, UCCX will just ignore it, i found a stratum 1 public server and got it working =D

Great news you've solved your issue ,could you help me where to read about this NTP

stratum thing .

Many thanks, A00460610!

I know for sure that my publisher 8.6 in a lab - virtual machine on vmware - has connectivity but the NTP client couldn't connect to any NTP server.

I tried NIST ntp addresses, Windows NTP as a services on UDP 123 on a pc/desktop but no success.

Your solution worked very well. Thank you so much, again!