cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound calls (Carrier Number and DN) being joined.

matulec
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

When I make external calls the number appears with extension number/DN

OutboundCalls1.PNG

e.i.: 
Calling the number +258 842912221 from the DN: 6100. It is supposed to use: +258 840957700 for external calls(outbound) but it shows +258 8409577006100

13 Replies 13

Whats your external phone number mask, have you checked use external phone mask on RP. is there any translation you applied on voice gateway ? 

Response Signature

GATEWAY.PNG

routept.PNG

external.PNG

  

Can you share the VG configuration, I assume there is some  translation on gateway. With above configuration, you should send calling information 840957700. But your debug says 6100. 

Response Signature

VG2.PNG

VG3.PNG

VG1.png

   

1. To send configured external phone number mask you need to check the translation. I see calling party CSS applied on gateway. check the translation you configured. You can run DNA to see the call flow.
  2. Asper the debug you are sending 6100 as calling party to ISP but the called party see  +258 8409577006100  so its ISP who translate it. 

Response Signature

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Use external phone number mask +258 840957700 on your phone.

FC0028E0-2D40-4C7F-BA3A-7C5A0A26BCAB.png

Didn´t solve the issue.
Is that all that I must change?

matulec
Level 1
Level 1

VMTshoot1.PNG

With the above debug, are you getting  caller-ID +258 8409577006100? 

If yes you need to talk to Telco. Looks like they are translating it. 

Response Signature

I will try to engage them.... Bu I doubt it.

Take note of what you send to the Telco. If what you send is as per their requirements and something else is shown to the called party it is like others have answered the Telco that modify the calling number. If so they aught not be that hard to deal with. It is a matter of presenting facts and making your case clearly.

Response Signature

Based on your other post about issues with outbound calls I think that you should be sending 0957700 as the called number to your Telco, not 840957700. Use the information given by other peers in the community and make the needed changes. One observation made is that you have both “Use Calling Party’s External Phone Number Mask” and “Calling Party Transform Mask” set on the RP. You should only need to have one of them set.

Also please note that if you have transforms in any other place that comes later in the call flow in CM, for example on the gateway configuration object in CM, those will override the configuration on the RP. In essence if you have any transforms in a later stage what you have set at an easier stages is ignored.

Response Signature

Can you remove the Calling party CSS from Gateway. After removing the CSS make sure you  rest the gateway.

Take a debug after the change  and see what calling information is sent to ISP. 

Response Signature