cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Calls from specific port

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

IS it possible to make it happen that one extension registered on cucm will use one designated analogue number connected on voice gateway?

8 Replies 8

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If it's an analog phone then yes Connection PLAR can help.

GP.

connection plar is for incoming but am asking for outgoing

do we need to accomplish this by using translation rule on voice gateway?

Are you using MGCP or H.323/SIP?

If the first one then you would create seperate CSS on the phone and steer the call to RP/RL/RG using the GW.

If H323/SIP the simplest way you can accomplish is to use steering codes, i.e. prefix numbers on CUCM before hitting the GW so that proper dial-peer can be matched.

HTH,

Chris

I am using h323 protocol. I jave registered one Cisco ATA 187 on callmanager and asssgined it one extension. On gateway, in voice port i have givrn connection plar (and ata extension.). So, Icoming FAX is ok. But when i send fax it goes out from any analogue number (FXO Prot) not frm that specific port from where it comes inside.

Did you do what I recommended? Did you prefix the call with steering code on CUCM to match specific dial peer on the GW?

Chris

i couldn't understand what you have asked me to do. what is steering code on CUCM?

In order to force a call from a specific device to specific port using H323 the easiest way is to "tag" the call by prefixing a digit(s) to the dialed number as it leave CUCM so that it can match a specific dial-peer. Consider an example where you use 9 as off-net access code on your cluster, so all dial-peers have destination-patterns starting with 9, i.e. 91[2-9]..[2-9]....

and they all point to common ports (circuits), if you need to differentiate one call from others you prefix another non-overlapping digit string in front. In CUCM this device would have it's own CSS pointing to dedicated Route Pattern - Route List that let's say would prefix another 9, when the call hits the GW it matches a dial peer with destination-patterns such as 991[2-9]..[2-9].... that points to specific port, you strip.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: