Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Recording is not working

silvakizir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We have about 20 phones which used to be recorded.

Suddenly 10 from 20 of them stopped being recorded.

8 from 10 started again being recorded by removing and re adding them under the controlled devices in the application recording user .

We restarted CUCM and we did a factory reset  to the phones.

Configuration is checked and seems to be fine. Nothing was changed from the beginning.

BIB is On, Privacy is OFF, Recording profile is selected under the line and no security is applied to the phone.

I did a packet capture from CUCM to the recording server and I can see that when calling these 2 phones CUCM is not sending Invite message.

Can someone help me?

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The Recording Option on the DN is set to Automatic?
The recorded DN’s Line+Device CSS is capable of reaching the Route Pattern defined on the Recording Profile?
No conflicts with that pattern in another Partition?
Does the Region matrix permit the negotiated codec of the Recording target device to the SIP Trunk of the recording server?
Does the LCAC Location(s) have sufficient bandwidth available? Remember that BIB recording results in 300% bandwidth utilization per-call.

Call recording is selective as the Recording Administrator required months ago.

Both SIP Trunk and Phones are in the same Device Pool so the location has unlimited bandwidth in intra region calls.

Phones were being recorded and they suddenly stopped. They suddenly start again and stop without any administrator changes.

In the phones web page I see that sometimes Stream 2 towards Recording Server works and sometimes it does not.

Selective recording requires a CTI connection through the TSP. The recording application is notified of a call events through the CTI connection and must request the recording from CUCM. Only after that happens will CUCM send the SIP INVITE to the recording server. The automatic option causes CUCM to just blindly/always send the SIP INVITE; the recording server can either decline the offer or discard the recording after the call is done if it's not needed (this is how on-demand recording "from the beginning of the call"-type features work).

Focus your attention on the CTI aspect of this (e.g. are all phones associated to the appropriate application user for third-party call control, is the TSP version installed on the recording server aligned to what CUCM expects, etc.)

Thanks for the reply.

There is an application user with CTI Permissions.

Some phones began being recorded when I removed and added again the device under the CTI user.

Some other phones keep not being recorded no matter what.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: