Views
Helpful
Replies

PLM Upgrade

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade our PLM server using CiscoPrimeLM_64bitLnx_10.5.1.11901-1.sgn.iso upgrade file. the active version is 10.5.1.11900-13.

In the Installation/Upgrade page under Invalid Upgrades I can see the file that I am going to upgrade to:
CiscoPrimeLM_64bitLnx_10.5.1.11901-1.sgn.iso

and under the Status I see
Name does not match any filter pattern

The Next button is available but when pressed the same above page displays.

I looks like the upgrade process and locate the directory but doesn't find the right file. Anybody has any idea why I am getting this error message?

Thanks,

MK

25 Replies 25

htahat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello MK,

Please try to verify the MD5 checksum of this file against this checksum:

e2900b4d7760793d61aa0dd02c187658

If you are using the "Remote Filesystem" method of upgrade, can you try to use the DVD/CD method?

best regards,

Hi Hmzeh,

I can't use the DVD/CD option because the server is not local and I can't verify the checksum because I am blocked at the very first page. Please find attached the error message.

Thanks,

MK

Hi MK,

Please make sure the iso is lying in same folder where sftp software is running.

Are u trying to use  ftp transfer protocol as appearing in attached snapshot? Make it sftp and download freeftpd software.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I tried freetftp with no luck. I am getting the same error. I put the ISO file in C:\Program Files (x86)\freeFTPd\sftproot where the software in installed but getting the same error.

It says invalid upgrade Name does not match any filter pattern.

Any other idea?

MK

There are two options

A you're not placing the file in the right directory for the user you're using for SFTP

B you're not pointing to the right directory from CUCM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

As you can see in the above screenshot the server sees the ISO file but puts it in the invalid upgrade section. The SFTP root directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\freeFTPd/sftproot and the iso file is in the sftproot folder. In the CUCM side I put "\" for the directory. Do you see anything wrong with this setup?

Thanks,

MK

The attached file is to confirm that the server is seeing the root directory. I changed the root directory to c:\sftproot and put another iso file into the directory. As you can see the server detects both iso files but puts them into the invalid upgrade options.

Thanks,

MK

Anybody can please help?

MK

Hi MK,

In the home directory in freeftpd under Users, make the path as C:\sftproot and then, check.

attached is the snapshot.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman

I tried your suggestion but am receiving the same error.

Thanks,

MK

Hi MK,

check if any Firewall is enabled on PC.

Lastly, u can try changing PC.

regds,

aman

Aman,

I allowed freeftpd application in the my PC's firewall but didn't change anything. I tried another PC with the same result. The strange thing is when I add another ISO file such as cmterm-78xx.10-2-1-1​2ES4.cop.sgn to the same folder where the PLM upgrade file is, the PLM server sees the newly added file with no issue and allows the installation.

When both files are listed in the same folder the file type for CiscoPrimeLM_64bitLnx_10.5.1.11901-1.sgn.iso shows disk image file while the one for  cmterm-78xx.10-2-1-1​2ES4.cop.sgn shows SGN.

Thanks,

MK

Do I need to use any third party tool to extract this ISO file before upgrading?

Thanks,

MK

Hi MK,

I was just checking the first attachment which u had shared and found the name incorrect.It shows CiscoPrimeLM_64bitLnx_10.5.1.11901-1.sng.iso but it should be .sgn.iso

I also checked the documentation which says The iso filename is incorrect in the example output of the Upgrade Software Through Cisco Prime License Manager CLI section. For release 10.5(1)SU1, the iso filename is CiscoPrimeLM_64bitLnx_10.5.1.11901-1.sgn.iso.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_5_1/releasenotes/CUCM_BK_P5EA9B41_00_plm-rn-1051su1/CUCM_BK_P5EA9B41_00_plm-rn-1051su1_chapter_0101.html

Can u change it to sgn and then, check?

regds,

aman