Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN calls keep ringing after been answered

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys,

Ouitgoing calls from the CUCM 8.5 to PSTN work perfect. Incoming calls from PSTN to CUCM rings on the desired directory number, but when you answer, on the PSTN phone keeps ringing like if no one has answered yet, the it gets disconnected saying that the call cannot be processes. Its a simple scnenario of a CUCM 8.5 connected to a Cisco 2921  as the h3223 voice gateway and a SIP trunk form the voice gateway to the PSTN. What should I look into?  thanks in advanced. Attached some debugs file. Also, does Cisco has a debug tool kit to dump the file to find the problem or something similar to decode the debug? Thanks again.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do you know if the gateway is doing fast start?  Would you mind sharing the call manager traces of a problem call so I can check it?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check on your CUCM gateway configuration that you have unchecked "Wait for far end H.245 Terminal Capability Set".

Thanks Martini! Now the incoming call get answered and the rinback tone stops on the PSTN phone but there is no audio heard on both ends and the the call gets droped. We are almost there.

Do you know if the gateway is doing fast start?  Would you mind sharing the call manager traces of a problem call so I can check it?

No, the gateway is not doing fast start. What kind of traces do we need to perform on the CUCM? Thanks again.

You're welcome.  Just set the Cisco CallManager traces to Detailed level on all your servers and then place a test call.  Here's how to turn on and collect the traces from call manager if your not familiar with it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

Great info. I got this traces of a live monitoring on the RTM (this is while I gather the file):

2012/04/19 15:13:11.969|CC|SETUP|29923913|29923914|7872350808|200|200

2012/04/19 15:13:30.414|CC|REJECT|29923913|29923914|7872350808|200|200|47

Thanks Joe! Problem solved. I enabled fast start on gateway for inbound calls and is working. YThanks agaim for your help.

You're welcome.

Same issue

As this post is 10 years old and marked as solved it would be best if you did create your own post to get the attention from the community as that would likely get you a better chance of getting help on this.

Response Signature