Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace the VG224 by using VG310

eric.yang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I am planing to replace the existing VG224 by using VG310. Can i just disconnect the existing RJ21 cable and plug it to the VG310? the port on the VG224 is the same as VG310's?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If  its  about Port  configuration, what I remember is for vg224 its 0/0 and for vg 320 it was 0/0/0.

You need to modify the existing port configuration to match the new numbering. 

if its about connecting the Amphenol cable and port mapping, its the same. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The Amphenol connectors are same for both VG224 and VG310. You can use bulk import to configure new VG310. Please see below guide for your reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/bulk-administration-tool/118882-config-vg-00.html 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

If  its  about Port  configuration, what I remember is for vg224 its 0/0 and for vg 320 it was 0/0/0.

You need to modify the existing port configuration to match the new numbering. 

if its about connecting the Amphenol cable and port mapping, its the same. 

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

The connector is the same between these? male or female? I prefer to use the same device name and the IP address of the VG224's. Is there a quick way to configure the port on VG310? It will take a while for configuring ports one by one, i have 20 VG224s here.

Thanks,

Eric

As @Vaijanath Sonvane  mentioned the cable connections are the same.

Regarding the configuration  it depends on how your existing vg  configured. if tis configured as h323 gateway, you need to configure it using the text editor tricks.

if ports are configured as  SCCP/MGCP you can use the link @Vaijanath Sonvane  shared. 

Response Signature

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The Amphenol connectors are same for both VG224 and VG310. You can use bulk import to configure new VG310. Please see below guide for your reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/bulk-administration-tool/118882-config-vg-00.html 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

eric.yang
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to both of you. It helps.