Replies

replication is down on the publisher 7.1.5

Hi

I had issues with the PUB and i have re-built it

Now i have issue with the replication

From the PUB:

admin:utils dbreplication status

-------------------- utils dbreplication status --------------------

Status cannot be performed when replication is down on the publisher, or on a cluster with a single active node or a cores node; aborting replication status check operation

From the SUB:

admin:file view activelog  cm/trace/dbl/sdi/ReplicationStatus.2012_11_01_14_50_34.out

SERVER                 ID STATE    STATUS     QUEUE  CONNECTION CHANGED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

g_ccm1_ccm7_1_5_31900_3    2 Active   Dropped    869119 Nov  1 14:50:24

g_cmprimary_ccm7_1_5_31900_3    5 Active   Local           0               

All the phones are registered to SUB and in the PUB gui i see unknown for all teh phones

Any suggestions?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you had a chance to review this nice doc to see if this helps:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672

Chris

View solution in original post

Hi,

After you restored the Publisher, did you restart the Subscriber and then restart the Publisher after the Sub had restarted? As you would with any new cluster installation the recommendation is to restart the cluster, and also in the case of a server replacement. See the following link regarding replacing the Publisher node:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_6_1/cluster/clstr861.html#wp87717

I would initially restart the cluster, and monitor the status of the replication. Ensure that the hosts/rhosts table match, I assume that the Publisher was created using the same ip addressing and server names as per the previous Pub node, any discrepancies will be highlighted in the DB summary report.

Regards
Allan.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you had a chance to review this nice doc to see if this helps:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672

Chris

Hi Chris

Yes , and here is the steps that i followed unfortunatelly with out success

1. Sub: utils dbreplication stop

2. Pub: utils dbreplication stop

3. Pub: utils dbreplication reset all

On PUB

admin:utils dbreplication reset all

**********************************************************************************

Replication Reset cannot be performed on a cluster with a single active node

Aborting replication reset operation

Do you have something to propose?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hi,

After you restored the Publisher, did you restart the Subscriber and then restart the Publisher after the Sub had restarted? As you would with any new cluster installation the recommendation is to restart the cluster, and also in the case of a server replacement. See the following link regarding replacing the Publisher node:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_6_1/cluster/clstr861.html#wp87717

I would initially restart the cluster, and monitor the status of the replication. Ensure that the hosts/rhosts table match, I assume that the Publisher was created using the same ip addressing and server names as per the previous Pub node, any discrepancies will be highlighted in the DB summary report.

Regards
Allan.

Hi

Finally the issue was that the PUB had a different security key from the SUB .This must was be the first that i had to check and i forgot it ....

Then when I reset the security key in the SUB and the new was the same with the PUB I followed the below steps and fixed the issue

1. Sub: utils dbreplication stop

2. Pub: utils dbreplication stop

3. Pub: utils dbreplication reset all

Thank you for your answers

Thank you

Chrysostomos

Hi,

Good to hear that you were able to resolve the issue, it is always an important aspect which gets overlooked and that's that the security passphrase match across the cluster. When replication stops the assumption is that it was previously working so the security passphrase shouldn't have changed. However in your case when you replace a node either the sub or pub you will have enter the security passphrase, so it's possible that it was mistyped.

Thank you for the rating,
Regards
Allan.

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chrysostomos,

Just came across your post. Glad to hear your issue got resolved!

Please take a look at the blog and video I posted on dbreplication runtimestate:

Blog url: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/ip-telephony/blog/2012/10/26/understanding-cucm-dbreplication-runtimestate

Please feel free to provide your feedback and any additional questions you may have on this topic.

Thanks,

Harmit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: