Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT Sessions Exceeds Threshold

Tom W.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can anybody fill us in on this error we're getting from RTMT?

RTMTSessionsExceedsThreshold has occured. Counter SessionsActive of Cisco Tomcat Web Application(ast) on node X.X.X.X has value of 398  which is over high threshold 250

Appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tom

5 Replies 5

Hi, 

High seems that your tomcat service is having leak which is causing AST concurrent sessions to go higher than the configured threshold which is 250. This is triggering the alert. I believe RTMT won't be responding and generating the desired alert. 

I remember seeing this case in one of the posts but don't have the bugID. But worth looking at it in bugtool kit or opening a TAC case to recommend workaround or upgrade to fixed release. 

I opened a TAC case on this and the engineer said it's harmless. We can simply increase the threshold to say, 450, to get rid of the alerts.

Is Memory or CPU Utilization High due to Tomcat ?

That's true unless your memory usage is high which means that you have a memory leak. If your CPU/Memory are good then you can increase the threshold. 

Please remember to rate useful posts

How do you know if your memory is good? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: