cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shutdown procedure for UCCX & CUCM setup

Vijay Patil
Level 3
Level 3

We are using UCS C220 M3S series server on which ...we installed VM...

CUCM & UCCX both are installed on the VM ..

now we are having power shutdown activity for which we need to shutdown the CUCM & UCCX before UCS shutdown

Can any one tell me the shutdown & power up sequence we need to follow for CUCM & UCCX.

• CUMC Version :- 9.1.2.13900-10
  • UCCX  Version :- 9.0.2.11003-44

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Rajan: that's not right

You should shut down the UCCX server first and then only CUCM. As far as powering on is concerned first power on CM and then UCCX. The reason for this is UCCX constantly keep a TCP connection up along with other vital information in terms of CTI Route Points, ports agents check etc hence shutting down CM will cause that TCP to break and this can lead to inconsistencies within the CCX database since CM will stop to respond, there are other things as well but I will not go into that. Hence you should shut down UCCX first followed by CM and then power on CM first followed by UCCX.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Vijay,

Go to CLI mode of uccx & cucm and use "utils system shutdown" command and then type "yes" once it prompts, it will take 4-5 minutes to get shutdown. That's all.

Suresh

Hello Suresh,

What will be the sequence for shutdown for UCCX & CUCM...

& what will be the sequence for Power ON for UCCX & CUCM

Vijay,u need to follow as mentioned by Deepak and Rajan.

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vijay,

You need to issue utils system shutdown command from CLI of each application.

from the vsphere client, u can right click the VM host IP and select "Shutdown" to bring the chassis down.

to bring the applications UP, u need to again login through vsphere client and select the application and click "Power ON"

regds,

aman

Hello Aman ji,

What will be the sequence for shutdown for UCCX & CUCM...

& what will be the sequence for Power ON for UCCX & CUCM

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding to what Aman recommended, you will first need to power on the CM publisher from Vsphere followed by Subscribers. Once all the servers within CM cluster are powered on, go ahead with powering on UCCX servers (first Primary and then Secondary). From my personal experience, I always wait for a minimum of 5 - 7 minutes between powering on the subscriber servers in a cluster to make sure there are no DB replication issues.

Regards

Deepak

Hello deepak,

We are having only single CUCM & single UCCX .

what we need to shutdown first UCCX or CUCM

& what we need to power ON first CUCM or UCCX

Hi Vijay,

Shutdown and powering on can be done in the following order.

CUCM first and then UCCX

HTH

Rajan

@Rajan: that's not right

You should shut down the UCCX server first and then only CUCM. As far as powering on is concerned first power on CM and then UCCX. The reason for this is UCCX constantly keep a TCP connection up along with other vital information in terms of CTI Route Points, ports agents check etc hence shutting down CM will cause that TCP to break and this can lead to inconsistencies within the CCX database since CM will stop to respond, there are other things as well but I will not go into that. Hence you should shut down UCCX first followed by CM and then power on CM first followed by UCCX.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for correcting. I was not aware of it.

- Rajan

No issues Rajan, we all are here to help each other only :)

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for your sharing on the shutdown procedure on CUCM and UCCX with shutdown commands of "utils system shutdown". I would like to check with you that how about the environment that are using with Cisco IM & Presence, can I use the commands of "utils system shutdown" to shutdown. 

According to the previous replied, I am able to login onto vSphere and click "Power On" for application with the sequence of CUCM, IM & Presence and continuous by UCCX. Do I need to insert any commands to boot the operating system/cluster up after the click on "Power On" in vSphere? 

CUCM version: 9.1.2.13900-10

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: