cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Inbox usage delimiter

wabrown
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. We are currently using Unity Connection 12.5. Per Cisco documentation, only 1800 users can use Single Inbox per Unified Messaging service configured. In order to provide a user with the ability to use Single Inbox, you must give them permission in their CoS to use Single Inbox, setup the Unified Messaging Service, and also associate that service to their end user account. 

My question: Is the limitation of 1800 consumed, per user who is assigned to the CoS with permissions to use Single Inbox, or is it consumed per user assigned with the CoS AND the Unified Messaging service configuration in the End User's account?

Appreciate any clarification. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For the user to count it must be fully setup for a functional Single Inbox. Assigning the user to the CoS only does not do anything for the user in relation to what your asking about, ie having Single Inbox functionality, hence it does not count. All of the necessary settings needs to be set to enable Single Inbox functionality for the account.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

For the user to count it must be fully setup for a functional Single Inbox. Assigning the user to the CoS only does not do anything for the user in relation to what your asking about, ie having Single Inbox functionality, hence it does not count. All of the necessary settings needs to be set to enable Single Inbox functionality for the account.

Response Signature

wabrown
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, Roger. We have two Unity Clusters, each with appx 30k users. Of these users, some are using the relay option in Unity to receive voicemail to email and others are using Single Inbox. We currently have these users separated into two CoS. One with Single Inbox permissions, and one without. I feel that we can just use the CoS for Single Inbox users for either scenario, instead of continuing to use two. Does that sound correct to you?

I would not go down that path. IMHO it's better to keep the CoS separated.

Response Signature

Can you think of any good reason why?

Note, this is the only difference between the two 

2023-07-19_11-04-21.jpg

Primarily because of that you don’t want to enable functionality for Single Inbox for users that does not need it.

Response Signature

Thank you. I understand that, however it can only be configured for the user at the admin level, correct? There is no way for a user to configure it themselves. 

Correct 

Response Signature

wabrown
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you. And to circle back around, one last question if you don't mind. Simply adding a user to a CoS without adding the actual Single Inbox config on the user account will not count against the number of users that can be setup with Single Inbox, correct?

The number of users stated by Cisco is from what I know not a hard limit, it’s “just” a number that is based on tests and theoretically limits.

Response Signature