Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk missing under route group member info

Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

I have a couple of SIP trunks that are up & running fine, but I do not find one particular trunk in the route group. This is a major trunk which we use for all PSTN calling and it is directly selected as gateway on route patterns. Why am I not finding it under route group member information?

CUCM version: 8.5.1.15900-4

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Syed

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it is directly selected as gateway on route patterns

The above is your answer. Whenever you apply the gateway/trunk directly to the RP, it does not show up for selection in Route Group. Remove it from the RP and then you should be able to select it at the RG level.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Syed,

If you are not able to find the trunk in the route group and you are sure you are using these trunks already for routing then it might be directly associated to the route patterns. 

If you are not able to find the trunk then you can use DNA (Dialed number analyzer) to search for the trunk name by running a query for the phones.

Aseem

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it is directly selected as gateway on route patterns

The above is your answer. Whenever you apply the gateway/trunk directly to the RP, it does not show up for selection in Route Group. Remove it from the RP and then you should be able to select it at the RG level.

Regards

Deepak

That answers my question.

Thanks Deepak for your great help. 

Deepak/Aseem,

This trunk is being associated with more than 300 route patterns, how do I remove it while I create a new route group in the production network?

Any help, plz

Monitor the trunk or gateway activity and make the changes when call activity is minimum, there is no other way out.

Manish

Thank you manish

Syed, I was trying to find a way if we can do this in one go but unfortunately there does not seem to be one. That being said, you will need to delete this trunk that will remove it from all the associated RPs in one go. After this, apply it to the required RG and and then associate with the RL and then apply the RL to the RPs.

This is something that should be done in after hours of course but if possible check once with TAC before doing this in case if they have a workaround.

Regards

Deepak

Thats a lot a manual work.

However, I thank you for your time and kind info.

Hi Syed,

It's not possible to edit these route patterns during production hours. One possible way to do it is by creating a route group, add the trunk, create a route list, associate the route group with route list, export the route patterns configuration, update the CsV file, delete the route patterns and reimport CSV file after associating  the route pattern with the route list.

Aseem 

Thank you Aseem.

I Will keep it in mind.

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Syed,

If you are not able to find the trunk in the route group and you are sure you are using these trunks already for routing then it might be directly associated to the route patterns. 

If you are not able to find the trunk then you can use DNA (Dialed number analyzer) to search for the trunk name by running a query for the phones.

Aseem

Thanks Aseem!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: