cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk Registration Error

Marcel Belisle
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2911 that I am trying to register a SIP trunk with my provider. The trunk is not registering to the provider and the provider is insisting that the issue is on my end. I am getting a SIP/2.0 Ok followed by a SIP/2.0 401 UNAUTHORIZE. I have attached some logs. Please assist in registering this sip trunk.

13 Replies 13

Could you please share the full configuration of your gateway? This would make it much easier for us to help you.

Response Signature

Here is the config I have, I currently also have an E1 and some FXO cards on that router also. I have attached the config for reference. 

Thank you.

Would you also be able to share any details on the connection you might have got from the service provider? Minus any sensitive information.

Response Signature

Kevin100
Level 1
Level 1

Hai

Try using sip-ua with dns server configured, check  realm  and passwords

sip-ua
credentials username xxxxx password xxxxxx realm xxxxxxxxx
authentication username xxxxx password xxxxx realm xxxxxxxx
nat symmetric check-media-src
no remote-party-id
retry invite 4
retry response 3
retry bye 2
retry cancel 2
retry register 5
timers connect 300
timers register 250
registrar 1 dns:xxxxxx:5060 expires 3600
sip-server dns:xxxxxx:5060
connection-reuse via-port

After check sip-ua register status

Hi,

This is what I have under SIP-UA:

sip-ua
credentials number +123456789 username +123456789@ims.btl.net password XXXXXXXXXXX realm ims.btl.net
authentication username +123456789@ims.btl.net password XXXXXXXXX realm ims.btl.net
registrar dns:ims.btl.net expires 3600 auth-realm ims.btl.net
sip-server dns:ims.btl.net
reason-header override
connection-reuse via-port
host-registrar

I made the changes and then did a sh sip-ua register status.

Line peer expires(sec) registered P-Associ-URI
================================ ========== ============ ========== ============
+123456789 -1 2659 no

Hello,

I would upgrade the router to a version, that supports tenants and would configure a tenant for the SIP trunk registration and bind it to the dial-peers facing to the provider.

As I see, that you would use SRST maybe too, you would need to do that at the point, when configuring SIP SRST.

Also, everybody that I know, only works with tenants. Not with the SIP-UA anymore.

And as Roger said, do you have any specification about the SIP trunk from the provider?

Like UDP or TCP, which SIP registrar, SIP domain, username / password (dont need to share it), ...

I concur with Bjorn on that tenant is the way to go for SIP registration.

Response Signature

Hi,

I am not familiar with the use of tenants, can you share with me how that is done. Also, I do have the necessary specifications for the SIP trunk from the provider. 

I don't think my router is compatible.

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 03.15.01c.S - Standard Support Release
Cisco IOS Software, ISR Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.5(2)S1c, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Upgrade your IOS to a version that is current will get you support for tenants.

Response Signature

Could you please share the specifications from the service provider? Redact any sensitive information if it has that.

Response Signature

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Try removing the auth-realm on your registrar config.

Remove this:
registrar dns:ims.btl.net expires 3600 auth-realm ims.btl.net

Replace with this:

registrar dns: ims.btl.net:5060 expires 3600

Other thing you can try is download something like Micro SIP and configure it with the same authentication details and check SIP registration. If you have success, check your CUBE config again. If you don't have success, I would suggest you go back and check again with your provider.