Replies

Subscriber innstalation CUCM 10

macieknowak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have upgrede the CUCM from 9 to 10.

I have publisher CUCM 10.X version.

I would like to innstal the subscriber, but I have only CUM 9.1 bootable image.

Is it possieble to install sub 9.1 when publisher is 10 or the subsriber version must be the same like publisher ?

Thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That only works with patches, not with major upgrades, 9 to 10 is a RU because of the OS change

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This begs the question: how did you get the CUCM 10 publisher installed if you lack a bootable ISO? If this is a BE6k you may want to browse the ESXi datastores as it likely exists on one of them. If a Cisco partner did the install on your behalf, ask them to supply these to you. You would need them for disaster recovery purposes anyway.

If for some reason none of that is possible, just submit a PUT order to go from 9.x to 10.x and it will issue you a bootable ISO download link. If you lack a ESW/UCSS contract - which would be mighty confusing since this sounds like a very recent deployment - then your only option would be to speak with your Cisco AM/SE. None of us can legally supply you with this directly.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, we can't.

Suresh

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

You could try to install patch during the version 9.x install and go to 10.x

Please rate useful posts.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That only works with patches, not with major upgrades, 9 to 10 is a RU because of the OS change

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks a lot for support.

You have right the patches option dosen't work with major upgrade.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This begs the question: how did you get the CUCM 10 publisher installed if you lack a bootable ISO? If this is a BE6k you may want to browse the ESXi datastores as it likely exists on one of them. If a Cisco partner did the install on your behalf, ask them to supply these to you. You would need them for disaster recovery purposes anyway.

If for some reason none of that is possible, just submit a PUT order to go from 9.x to 10.x and it will issue you a bootable ISO download link. If you lack a ESW/UCSS contract - which would be mighty confusing since this sounds like a very recent deployment - then your only option would be to speak with your Cisco AM/SE. None of us can legally supply you with this directly.

Thank a lot.

I get the ISO bootable from our Cisco's Suport.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: