Replies

Transfering calls fails on third party devices

tony loktu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a setup on one location that looks like this:

Ascom phones -> Ascom CallManager -> WAN -> CUCM 8.6 -> PSTN

Everything seams to be working ok but transfering calls from the Ascom phones then it fails.

When pressing the R-dial in the phone a new ring tone is handed to the device and when pressing one cipher works (if we have a translation setup on that cipher). But if the end user tries to dial more than one cipher then it fails on the second cipher.

Will activating KPML do any good?

/Tony               

8 Replies 8

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If  this is a Non-Cisco Product problem then this is not the right forum to post this question.

Tapan

Hi Tapan

That is what i'm trying to find out off.

We had no complaints when we used CUCM 8 but we did get complaints after upgrade to CUCM 8.6

/Tony

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What type of integration is it? is it SIP trunk? Have you tried using an MTP on the CUCM SIP trunk?

You should anlyze the logs to see which side is killing the call and with what reason.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris

Sorry, i took it for granted that SIP was used. My bad.
We dont use SIP-trunk but the end devices are registered as "third party sip device".

/Tony

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Chris suggested, enable MTP on the sip devices and ensure you have mtp resources in their MRGL

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

Hi

I've tried enabling MTP on the device but nothing changed. I might not know it well enough but i dont see how MTP (media) would change the setup of  a transfer. The setup of a transfer would be done with signaling, SIP in this case, or am i way off?

The admin of the Ascom is available in 48 hours then we'll try to enable "Require DTMF reception" which enables KPML.

/Tony

Tony,

MTP changes everything in a xfer. During a xfer especially for a SIP endpoint, there is break in media path. This is whre ost problems occur because some endpoints do  not handle the break and resumption of media very well. With MTP involved media is termonated on the MTP device, hence CUCM never breaks up the media during call old/xfer etc. So its a big game changer

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi aokanlawon

Your description is exactly as i thought MTP would change the traffic flow.

The problem in this case is that when the second digit is pressed when telling where to xfer the call, it fails. In my mind that is signaling and not with media. Correct me if i'm wrong

I hope that enabling KPML will fix the problem.

This document (section 5) suggests so:

http://ascomwireless.com/pdf/guide/ipdect/config_notes_for_cisco%20call_manager_in_ip-dect_cn_92424gb.pdf

/Tony