Helpful
Replies

Unity call handler answer delay

edwarelsayegh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CUCM and unity Ver. 8

i have setup an IVR using CTI route point on the CUCM with transfer all calls to a call handler on the unity server

the problem is when a caller call my IVR from PSTN number the unity is answering the call immediately and the caller does not hear a ring back from the system

so how i make the unity to delay answering the call so the caller hear a ring back tone then the call handler can pickup the call and play my company message

thanks for your help

6 Replies 6

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can use the delay after answer miliseconds to introduce a delay for say 500 miliseconds. For the PSTN user not being able to hear the ringback can you please let me know what kind of gateway you are using? If the unity connection is integrated with SIP then make sure you use delayed offer on the SIP trunk.

Delay After Answer ____ Milliseconds

Enter the wait time, in milliseconds, after a call is connected to Cisco Unity Connection and before Connection plays a greeting.

Default setting: 0 milliseconds.

Aseem

thanks Aseem for help

i am connection to voice gateway via MGCP whick connect to PSTN via E1 line

and i am not using SIP between CUCM and Unity

Hi,

If you are using SCCP, then one way to make it work would be to create an additional call handler say for example Callhandler_Ringback. You need to make sure that when the call gets forwarded from the CTI route point to Unity connection it first gets routed to the call handler "callhandler_Ringback" and on this call handler you can apply a greeting with a ringback sound and set the after greeting action to transfer the call to the actual call handler.

System call handler >>>> Open the call handler >>> Edit >>> Greetings >>> Apply the ringback greeting and set the after greeting action to "Call Handler ".

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)

unfortunately it does not work

called could not hear ring back even after i added an extra call handler

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just wanted to add an idea to the great tips from Aseem (+5)

Could you try using the Forward No Answer setting on the CTI-RP DN rather than Forward All and then set the Ring No Answer timer on the same page to something like 8 seconds (2 rings)?

Cheers!

Rob

this cannot be done since CTI RP registeration is unknown so it will forward all call as soon as they hit the CTI RP