Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection access a directory to search user

Hi,

Is there a way in Unity Connection to search a user using the keypad and then transfer the call to the extension number?

I have found that there's a option to search the user speaking the person name but it's no a option for us for the idiom (spanish).

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions

Right, so create a new Directory Handler which does NOT have "Voice Enabled" checked.

Define search scope and search criteria

On your existing or new AA Call Handler, configure one of the caller input digits to send the call to this directory handler, again.

Now when calling the call handler press the digit key mapped above and it will take you to the directory handler which will allow you to type in the name via keypad.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By keypad do you mean spelling the name or extension?  Both are supported and to toggle betweeen them use ## sequence.

Chris

Adding documentation links:

Dial-by-name is called a Directory Handler:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/administration/guide/9xcucsag070.html

Dial by extension can be performed directly from a user mailbox during the greeting (if allowed) or a normal call handler:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/administration/guide/9xcucsag060.html#wp1056109

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

@Chris, Exatly, I would like to spell the name using the keypad like for example (Leo = 536), if more than one user match it have to tell me the different option to selected. I don't know neither if this feature could be supported for spanish.

@Jonathan,  it has to be spell using the keypad

Sure it is supported in Spanish, like I said use ## to toggle from spelling name (default) to entering the extension. You can change the behavior by adjusting User --> Send Message Menu --> Enter a Recipient By:

HTH, Please rate all useful posts!

Chris

@ Chris, I tried logging with my user and it works as expected sending a voicemail but there's a way to use this same feature as one Auto Atendant's option to call a user's extension number?

Regards

In Auto Attendant (call handler) you need to map a caller input and send it to a directory handler for dial by name functionality.

Chris

@ Chris, I couldn't find the Dial by Name option (using dialpad) in Directory Handler, I just find the below option after unchecked the Voicemail port option:

Search Criteria Order
  Last Name, First Name

Search Results Behavior   
  Route Automatically on a Unique Match
  Always Request Caller Input
  Announce Matched Names Using Extension Format
  Announce Matched Names Using Menu Format
       Announce Extension with Each Name

Directory handler implies dial by name!

You just need to define your search criteria, i.e. last name, first name

and search scope, i.e. entire server, specific distribution list, COS, etc

HTH,

Chris

@Chris, sorry if I didn't understand your answer but what I want is use the dialpad to search the user not speak the name to search the user, right now the system don't let me to even press a digit it just accept speaken name.

Right, so create a new Directory Handler which does NOT have "Voice Enabled" checked.

Define search scope and search criteria

On your existing or new AA Call Handler, configure one of the caller input digits to send the call to this directory handler, again.

Now when calling the call handler press the digit key mapped above and it will take you to the directory handler which will allow you to type in the name via keypad.

HTH,

Chris

@ Chris, it worked!!! I forgot to configure the caller input to transfer to the new Directory Handler...

Thanks a lot Chris

Hello Chris,

I have a requirement, that the user wants to have both the Search by name and Search by Extension in the Directory Handler. I have tried and did not find any option to enable the option for user to trigger Search by Extension by ##. Is it possible to enable the Search by Extension in the Directory Handlers?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: