cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection System Call Handler Caller Input Timeout Setting After Standard Greeting

RevereORL_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Could you please let me know if there is a way to set a time out setting on System Call Handler in Unity Connection 8.5? The idea is to be able to set a

time-out setting so the caller can have more time to press a menu option after the greeting is played.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure. There is a setting labeled Delay Between Re-prompts (seconds) on the Greetings page of the Call Handler. Set it to the timeout you want.

Please rate helpful replies.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure. There is a setting labeled Delay Between Re-prompts (seconds) on the Greetings page of the Call Handler. Set it to the timeout you want.

Please rate helpful replies.

Hi Jonathan,

I tried that, but in order for that to work I had to set the "Times to Re-Prompt Caller" setting to at least one time.

The issue with this approach is the customer would like to provide callers with the time-out setting without having to

replay the greeting. Please let me know if there is a workaround to that.

Thank you,

Gerson

The only one I am aware of in that scenario is to manually add silence to the end of the audio recording using a program such as Audacity. Once you've done that you can upload it through the Media Master control.

Revere;

I have a slightly different setup, but I will show you what I have done to acheive something similar to what I believe you are desiring.

I have a customer in France, that wants to play a greeting and wait on user input.  If the user calling does not select an option within 10 seconds, they will be transfered to the operator.  In order to accomplish this, we had to create a second call handler for the standard greeting to transfer to.  So in our standard greeting configuration, we have "Callers Hear: My Personal Recording", then "During Greeting -> Times to Re-prompt Caller "0" -> Delay Between Re-prompts* "10", then "After Greeting -> Call Handler "CH_FR_SiteName_Function_Number".

I hope this works for you, or you can modify it to your needs.

This worked well, I just made one minor change.  I set my recording to "nothing" and replayed prompt twice with 2 seconds between reprompts.  Got me on the right track!