Views
Helpful
Replies

VG310 SIP Trunk License to Non-Cisco SIP Server

Jerry Jiang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Currently I'm planning to setup SIP trunk between VG310(analog phones connected) and a Non-Cisco SIP Server. I'm wondering do I need to purchase any license ? Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you are connecting via SIP to non-Cisco PBX there is no licenses that need to be applied anywhere, unless your 3rd party solution requires SIP licensing as some do.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jerry,

What is the complete setup? If the VG310 is registered to CUCM then there is no license requirement for trunks on VG from cucm perspective.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

I'm planning to connect analog phones to VG310 and then SIP Trunk from VG 310 to Avaya SIP Server and finally from SIP Server to Cisco 2900 Voice Gateway to PSTN via either E1 or FXO.

Hi Jerry,

From CUCM or VG310 perspective there are no license requirements for this setup.

Manish

Thanks, Manish.

Hi Jerry

were you able to do so? can you use sip trunk with this VG?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you are connecting via SIP to non-Cisco PBX there is no licenses that need to be applied anywhere, unless your 3rd party solution requires SIP licensing as some do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: