cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice-Port and Voip Phone same Ephone-dn?

ken.montgomery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,  Have a CME running version 15.1.

One of the voice-ports (specifically, voice-port 2/0/10) on the router acting as number 1832.  The users want this number to also ring on two other phones, both of which are IP based (7911 and 7921).  Can you tell me if this is possible?  Adding the ephone-dn to the two IP phones makes the voice-port not ring...

So am looking for a way to make it work on all of these phones... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For new versions, you may need to do  "license accept eula end-user" and reload.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Will that work with a voice port in the mix though?  The voice port appears to be the deciding factor...

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You best option is to configure the FXS port in SCCP mode.

Thaat till allow you you to configure an share line across all the desired destinations.

NicP270591
Level 1
Level 1

Ken,

It sounds like you need to implement either a parallel hunt group or a shared line/overlay dn on each IP Phone. FXS ports will not natively work with hunt groups, you will need to convert it to be able to act like an IP endpoint using SCCP. This is done by configuring a feature called STCAPP. Info can be found at the below link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9443

HTH,

Nic.

So I looked into this Nic... I have some concerns... with VG224's and other FXS ports in use... will this disrupt any of them to make this change? 

I can try it, but want to be sure this doesn't mess anything else up.

Hi Ken,

Your best bet is probably to wait till after business hours as standard before altering config. Have a copy saved so if anything goes wrong you have a "restore to default" backup you can redeploy in a few minutes if needed. It has been a while since I have done a config on STCAPP, but from memory it should overlay right ontop of the current config, maybe with a shut/no-shut command if necessary on the port. It basically just changes the port directly from analog to IP capable.

Nic.

Hmm...

Ok am trying to figure out how to do this effectively, and by the way, I'm no CME genius.

So I reconfigure the Dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 210 pots

description Sunfield Warehouse

service stcapp

port 2/0/10

forward-digits 0

Which appears to work ok, but how do I then direct the proper phone number to it?  I can't do a destination pattern, and I don't see where I can assign the number properly, am I to do a hunt group with multiple phones, this being one somehow?  I guess I'm not getting how to make this work overall...

Ken,

You will need to create a dummy ephone and ephone-dn for the config, as you are effectively turning the port into an IP phone, it will need to have an "IP Phone" assosciated with it.

ephone-dn 21

number 1000

description STCAPP dial

ephone 10

device-security-mode-none

mac-address XX.XX.XX.XX

type anl

button 1:21

note to find your analog mac address you can do a "sh stcapp device summary" on the router, which will bring up all ports configured with STCAPP and their mac address.

HTH,

Nic.

Alright everyone... I went through this and here is what happened.

I successfully converted the voice port to an stcapp port, no problem... assigned the number and called it with no difficulty.

voice-port 2/0/10

station-id name Sunfield Warehouse

caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 210 pots

description Sunfield Warehouse

port 2/0/10

forward-digits 0

ephone-dn 99

number 1826

description STCAPP dial

exit

ephone 99

device-security-mode-none

mac-address FBD6.BFAD.040A

type anl

button 1:99

So this worked fine.  Yet... next step was to make this number ring on both this ephone and two IP ephones.

I next added:

ephone  39

description Warehouse

mac-address XXXX.XXXX.XXXX

ephone-template 10

max-calls-per-button 4

busy-trigger-per-button 2

type 7921

button  1:99

ephone  17

description Warehouse

mac-address YYYY.YYYY.YYYY

ephone-template 10

busy-trigger-per-button 2

type 7911

button  1:99

At this time, it rings on the IP phones but not on the analog.  The analog is now gone and non-functional.  Yet, as soon as I remove the button commands from the two IP ephones, the analog works immediately.

So I tried a parallel hunt group, thinking by making the two IP phones one phone number, and the analog another, then hunting between them, we would be good... YET... this also disables the analog line.

So is there a way to make this all work together?

Update IOS and check again.

Ok, it is version 15.1, looks like 15.3 is out there for it... let me see about doing that... might take a short while... this is a live system.

Try first latest 15.2M.

It uses the T versions, not sure of the difference, will need to see what the version differences are first...

As above, you should use M in almost all cases.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: