cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

Resolved! IPv6 DHCP Issue

Hi all,Looking for some input on a (possible) IPv6 DHCP issue. I have configured an ASR1001 for IPv6 addressing:ipv6 unicast-routing!ipv6 dhcp pool TEST-POOL address prefix 2001:1111:1000::/64 lifetime infinite infinite link-address 2001:1111:1000::1...

petenixon by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hy everyone,My english is not verry good, but I do the best I can. There is my InfrastructureFor information, the link between the 1841 and the 3560 is in IPv6 My local area works, I can ping every devices and every hosts. What I want to do is to con...

We started running IPv6 at our office about a year ago.  I've noticed that services that use IPv6 and run through our router are sometimes very slow.  I ran some diagnostics with Wireshark to find that there are large delays between IPv6 packets rece...

Good Day.My customer has ASAs running 8.2.1, we will migrate from IPV4 to IPV6, however we want to know which is the recommended version for IPV6. There are the features that we would like the ASAs to have. I just saw that on version 9.0.1 OSPFv3 is ...

pgibran by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear CSC: My question is regarding how OSPFv3 calculates auto-cost. I'm using:  auto-cost reference-bandwidth 100000 I see the following costs on two particular interfaces: RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:XXXXXXXX#show ospfv3 inter brie              Tue Aug  5 10:37:...

Hi everyone, I have a Nexus 6000 platform and trying to get an idea of why with HSRP configured with Global Unicast (in my case it is rather Local Unicast within fd00::/8 range) gets assigned to the group Virtual IP as secondary and Link-Local auto g...

Welcome to this Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn and ask questions about the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and the Domain Name System (DNS), two primary services in today's IPv4 and IPv...

With IPv6 I am most concerned today with receiving an IPv6 address from my ISP for my Spoke networks.  I don't have plans to convert my Spoke LANs  or Internal application servers to IPV6 anytime soon.  Reviewing all the books and technical documenta...

We are using Cisco 2800 routers (12.4(15 T1 version)) in our company.I want to configure cisco 2800 router as IPv6 DHCP server to process DHCPv6 options 18 and 37.  Please help to configure this. I am not finding any help document in net for this. 

qjh847001 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I got a Cisco WS-C3560-24PS-E Switch today and I can't enable IPv6 on it. I know the global command to enable it is "ipv6 unicast-routing" but that wouldn't show up in the global command list. Cisco Packet Tracer's layer 3 switch is the exact sam...

Resolved! IPV6 Addressing

Hi,Does anybody have any good links to documents/or an  explanation to explain why we shouldn't use ULA addressing in the enterprise? With RFC 1918 addresses I sleep better at night knowing that even without a firewall, no one on the internet can rou...