IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

Have been banging my head against a wall after somehow losing the ability for prefix delegation after moving from an 877 -> 887."ipv6 dhcp" no longer works but documentation for the feature at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/configuration/gu...

Hi all, i'm trying to get online with IPv6 with my Cisco 886. But i failed.  Perhaps you have any hints for me. My Config: interface Dialer0 description *** IPv6 *** no ip address ip flow ingress ip virtual-reassembly in encapsulation ppp load-int...

Harald S by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Configuring 6PE

Hi, I am running a test scenario as described below to bring up 6PE, connecting 2 IPV6 islands over a MPLS core.All routers run the same IOS (Dynamips)PE1#sh verCisco IOS Software, 7200 Software (C7200-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.0(1)M, RELEASE SOFTW...

gneslim by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Regarding the selection of interface IDs for IPv6 I came across these rules the other day while reading a forum (HE.net or ipv6.ops list):1.  Do not use all 0s. (interferes with Router Anycast)2.  Do not use all 0s with one character at the end (inte...

jkirby by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a design I'm working on which will require among other things dual stack across MPLS. Configuring CE routers for dual stack seems very straight forward, however I'm having trouble finding documentation describing the BGP config for multihoming...

Hello. I work for a small co-lo/hosting provider trying to be live for World IPv6 day. As such I have questions about BGP transitions and ASA support. I'll not ask them all at once though. I plan to implement dual-stack for our hosting edge. Our ASA...

jkirby by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,we are testing dhcpv6-pd on 10K in order  to assign prefix from an ipv6 pool of subnet to a xdsl line in PPP.We encountered a lot of bugs. In particular clearing the virtual -access,  the prefix assigned from the ipv6 pool changes , even if the pr...

fedcre by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I feel lack of freedom in selection of IPv6 IOS: as per my experience we start with SRC, then we upgarde to SRC3, then to SRD, now we are running SRD4 on our Cisco7600 with SUP32 and Cisco7600 with RSP720, these all upgrades are because of  some BUG ...

SASipraPK by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi. I want to implement IPv6 on my network, I am preparing a test environment with a Cisco 2821 router and a couple of servers/switches. My problem lies with the router. Had 12.4 IOS image, in config mode it did not recognize ANY command starting wit...

Resolved! icmpv6

Hi networkers,Simple question maybe, but I need some help with this one.I've got IPv4-network on which I now will implement IPv6(dual-stack) on a couple of subnets, to try it out and to learn more about IPv6.Okey, subnet A and subnet B is now dual-st...

darkdi0dx by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we have an asa 5510 with ASA 8.0(2) and asdm 6.1(1)I can configure ipv6 via terminal but not asdm, I want to be able to do it with asdmDo I need to upgrade the ASDM? If so: I cant download anything because of ciscos "blabla you need a contract blabla...

Hello Salman,We are in the process of Dual Stacking our network. However we have struck an problem with IOS on the 6500 Supervisor 32 (PISA).Cisco Flagship Catalyst Family seems to lack IPv6 functionality for Campus networking.We have 4 x 6500 Superv...

Hi All,We are running a project to use pure IPv6 to get access to IPv4 services, such as webs.In this project, we are using 6 to 4 NAT-PT to translate IPv6 address to IPv4 address.However, we are going to support tens of thousands users to use this s...

zssvfcs88 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes