cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

link Redundancy Mpls primary on ethernet & point to point secoundary leaseline on serial

yogeshgaikwad
Level 1
Level 1

hi i am having one link mpls with internet (primary) (e0/0)-10.1.1.1 and secound link point to point serial (s0/0) i want to do redundancy between two links

but problem is mpls link never shows down . so if mpls fails then  my point to point should be  up please Find Attach file.

can i get confuration according to my e.g. drawing

as per my knowledge ip sla track command is thier but i dont know exact command.

5 Replies 5

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You are right...You should use IP SLA to track the primary link (ISP side IP)....

Try these...

!

track 125 ip sla 10 reachability

delay down 15 up 10

!

ip sla 10

icmp-echo 4.2.2.2 (change this with the exact IP) source-interface Dialer1

threshold 40

!

If it doesn't work, just tewak some parameters..Some the methodilogy remain same..

Good Luck !!!!

Hi,

Why not IGP, like OSPF; you must be using IGP protocol between both points, you can do it with IGP.

Hi Yasir,

I am guessing IGP won't work here becoz the primay link is MPLS with ethernet handoff.So if anything goes wrong with MPLS cloud your ethernet link will still show UP if the lastmile of SP is UP?? Can you make it clear!!

thanks

-bava-

You can use OSPF fast hello feature to detect the neighbor down quickly, so whenever your MPLS link will go down, ospf will detect the neighbor down and reroute the traffic.

Luc De Ghein
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You could consider running a routing protocol with BFD, which supports very fast event down detection.

This is recommended over using fast hello's in OSPF or ISIS.

Thanks,

Luc