Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone happy with Cisco TAC support?

TAC support has gotten really bad for the past few years.  I've many cases opened and it just drags on for months without any resolutions.  The TAC engineers are not very responsive.  For example, I opened a TAC case on 06/24 for an issue.  I got a response back on the same day, provided the engineer everything he requested.  I haven't heard from him since.  The SE support the account is any better, completely clueless.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

30 Replies 30

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I deal with customers who have the High Touch TAC offering, I haven't noticed any degradation of support. I do however always open the case with a webex space and ask for an update when I need/want, I feel it's more conversational, informal, and maybe less pressure on the engineer to spend extra time formatting an email. It suits my preferred communication style and they are easier to track than emails. 

I do the same, make is easier for both customer and Engineer.

-hope this helps-

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I might give that a try - although I am based in Australia I wouldn't mind seeing what it's like dealing with a TAC engineer in the Americas/EMEAR. I don't think Sydney has a TAC anymore. At least, not for ISE.

I remember the days when you could call TAC and have an engineer who could read the IOS C source code - and tell you why OSPF was not converging.

@Arne Bier

Have your ISE cases queued to NAM/LATAM and/or EMEA desks only and never get it queued anywhere else.  

@Leo Laohoo wrote:
Have your ISE cases queued to NAM/LATAM and/or EMEA desks only and never get it queued anywhere else.  

All SEA/Australia/NZ ISE cases go to Eastern Europe (for now).

Anyone in SEA/Australia/NZ creating cases for: 

• LAN/WAN (excludes Nexus, thank G0d)
  • Wireless (includes PI and MSE/CMX)
  • UC
  • RMA

Make sure to route TAC Cases to NAM/LATAM and/or EMEA desks and nowhere else.  If in doubt, look at the email signature of the TAC agent and it will specify the time zone they operate on.  If they are not in the areas I have specified, get it re-queued to the correct area.  

I have had a similar suitation. I also find the TAC support is not up-to-date as it was few years ago. For example, in my case major P1 case opened and myself working with a TAC first line support engineer. where I have to push him to bring in his team leader to fast track the problem/fix the issue.

on other time the TAC engineer was not very helpful. as some one mentioned as the new technology are eveloving so TAC need time to replicate the issue. In my experience, some time TAC can not repliacte the issue if you have a physical appliances issue. or software is complex where its heavily used (configuration wise). I recently came across an physical issue with FMC/FTD where we were using the physical appliances and TAC engineer mentioned he need to get a permission into to replicate this issue. according to him the virutal appliance no issue at your. TAC can get their hand on it any time but when it come to physical appliances they need permission.

In other case the TAC engineer is too slow to respond even all the infomration was provided. I even CC Manager,team leader etc but they never bother to email back.

I also come to suitation where engineer agreed to meet up (day before we agreed on time) but at the webex meeting engineer never showed up.

I had these issue with having the smartnet contract and also with PSS contract same outcome. we could not afforad the HTTS services so no idea what it is like. but what i have heard is HTTS is the elite TAC eningeers how maste the technology on different platform.

on the other side. I also came across some very bright TAC Engineer. with so much experience and having a good command on the software. where you just say to yourself WOW.... This TAC Engineer is Dam good.

To summaries,

TAC India is good. Poland good too. Jordon is okay this is where they need imporvement. it also depends which technology area you having issue with. The security technology TAC teams are in Poland, Jordan, and India.

if you not happy with TAC or how they dealing with your case/s. you can always feedback to the email once tac close the case an email always come to your inbox from Cisco Customer Experience the subject is 2 Minutes -Your TAC Experience.

please do not forget to rate.

@Sheraz.Salim wrote:
I had these issue with having the smartnet contract and also with PSS contract same outcome. we could not afforad the HTTS services so no idea what it is like. but what i have heard is HTTS is the elite TAC eningeers how maste the technology on different platform.

The success of this forum is really telling -- Murmurs are getting louder about HTTS.  (Read between the lines.)

@Sheraz.Salim wrote:
TAC India is good.

Depends on the "technology" the case is in.  I have several TAC Cases with them and we are about to "push the button" and move every one of those cases to NAM.  Every.  One.  Of.  Them.  

travisss
Level 1
Level 1

I have had some bad experiences with anything that has to do with cucm call manager. I do not know why that is. But anything else I haven't had issues with.  

Rwhinsley
Level 1
Level 1

Every ticket is an absolute nightmare anymore. You get better service at McDonalds 

If the ticket is queued to TAC Asia region, get it re-queued to NAM/LATAM or EUMA.  Do not let serious tickets "dwell" to TAC Asia.  

Even I do not let "Mickey Mouse" tickets (like RMA) get assigned to Asia (our default region).  

Most of my cases go to NAM/LATAM since I am on East Coast, I wont conclude that I have had all good experience and just re-queuing to these reason will result in resolution or prompt response, just depends on Engineer I would think

I remember once of my CAP cases were resolved by BU in APAC and Engineer was decent too ( that's just my experience).

-hope this helps-

craiglebutt
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, been saying for last couple of years.

As in the UK, the best TAC support seems to be from the Americas, but due to the time difference, there is about a 1 overlap for us if require a webex.

I'm hopeful that Cisco have begun to turn the corner on this.

I have had more than my fair share of bad TAC experiences in the past couple of years. Major layoffs in 2020 were exacerbated by COVID-19 staffing challenges in 2021. I made my personal experience and that of my customers clear in every Cisco forum and appropriate interpersonal interaction that I could, offering constructive criticism as best I could. I've had good and bad experiences in all regions - APJC, EMEA and Americas. 

Lately (last 90 days) I have been seeing some improvement. Just today I had a P1 case that was picked up by a TAC engineer out of Bangalore and his service was excellent - immediate engagement, spot on diagnosis and problem resolution in one call.

William Foster
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same problem as well. I opened a case on 2/5 got a engineer to pick it up that day then he requested more info. I gave what them what they asked for immediately and I have not heard back from them since. I have emailed in twice and still haven't got a response. They don't care at all anymore and it is rather irritating. They used to be Johnny on the spot with service now you never know what you are gonna get and it depends on the engineer that is assigned to your case. For the most part I get engineers assigned that could care less. 

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I have also had my share of less-than-enthralling TAC experiences. 

However, I think we should also remember that we're still dealing with people who have a massive case load to deal with, and when they respond so tardily, it's because they are drowning in their job queue. In around the year 2000 I was working in the UK WAN Switching TAC, and I remember the feeling of the ever-growing queue of cases. Then a P1 comes along and you drop everything.  That was over 20 years ago. Those CCIE TAC centres (UK and Brussels) don't exist because they got too costly. When you deal with engineers living in countries where salaries are a fraction of what the average USA/UK/European earns, then spare a thought for them too. 

Equally, I have also had a good number of good TAC experiences - but we never write Community articles about those, because that's not what we humans do - we prefer to complain. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: