Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two ASA5545-X with HA license Active/Active and now my customer has changed the designe and wants to split these up into standalone firewalls.  How does this affect the license?  Is there any issue with doing this, or will t...

Client is changing ISPs'. They currently have a x.x.x.x/28 network and they are using 10 of the available IPs'. The new provider wants to give them a /30 network, 1 IP for the Outside interface and the other will be their equipment,...

rcrampton by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,Say i got a 5505 or a 5510 with a security + license. Now let's assume that there is an 8.2 OS version that i want to upgrade to 9.x. Is it going to kill my security + License? If yes is it lost for good or can I get a new key for 0$?I am...

I've searched for this, but all I find are steps to turn on SSH access.  I have quite a few customers with ASA5510's installed.  SSH is set up and working fine on every one.  After a period of time, you are no longer able to SSH into the firewall.  U...

Good day all,short question....I setup a new ASA for our branch office everything is working fine. But I have a little problem with the ASA.I try to configure that my ASA in the branch office can resolve internal host to IP. Problem is that our inter...

MaDe by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! asa 5510 4GE SSM

I have inherited an asa 5510 whit 4GE SSM module installed. The asa runs fine, but i can not use the 4GE SSM ports. Using  ASDM or console i can get and configure the gigabitethernet1/x ports but i can not get traffic on it.The ping from the console ...

Hi All,I am having issues with the ASA 5510 management interface.I can't communicate with this interface. It is showing DOWN/DWON evenif I type NO SHUT several times.My existing config is as followsour-asa-01# sh run: Saved:ASA Version 7.2(5)!hostnam...

I am fairly a newbie to the ASA 5505, and I'm currently only familiar with ASDM to configure this thing until I get some classes under my belt.My question is this... We have a 5505 and I have configured a separate inside and guest network. Vlan 4 is ...

hi all,It was first time I tried to turn on priority qos on 8.4 soft and modified the buffer size but when wanted to check strange values were displayed. ASA(config)# show priority-queue configPriority-Queue Config interface outside current         d...