Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All, I have converted an appliance from ASA 7.2 to 8.4.2 Everything is working but I was wondering if I can delete the following configuration lines in the code. In 7 code we were using 'names' but now is everything refrenced to objects. Can we de...

S M85 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an ASA 5501 running latest code. Per the article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874, I need to open the below ports. I have 5 Xboxes (when people come over) and they all have a static IP. My network is 192.168.0.x and is a /24 network.X...

micwill3 by Cisco Employee
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ASA publishing

hello i have ASA firewall and three seperate web servers. and i have 1 public ip address. i need to publish all this web servers with this ip address.  how can i make asa to nat packets according to the web addresses?  Thanks

Can the ASA allows to exclude source ip/destination ip on its log?I have some source/destination ip addresses kept filling up the sys log that I don't want to see those on the log. I guess I could filtered out by message ID number; but the rule is no...

kope by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've configured a VPN IPSEC on my ASA5510. It Assigned IP/NETMASK/Gateway via a DHCP Server on the LAN.The problem is that when a client is connected to the VPN , it takes the right IP and NETMASK. ( 192.168.1.109 / 255.255.255.0) but the Default ...

avburren1 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all.This is my first time on this board and I'm also quite new to ASA, so I apologize if I have a too simple question.I have a classical "inside + DMZ + outside" configuration.I also have a mail server in DMZ which have to be allowed to reach a...

Netnux by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,We have a Kiwi syslog server in our network to monitor and analyze the syslogs from our Firewalls.We are getting the complete syslongs from 1-7Now I need to analyze all the syslogs which are important and needfull.Can someone tell me what all ...

Hi,I am upgrading a ASA5520 to the lastest 8.4 image.An onsite Engineer has installed the memory upgrade kit (2GB) for me.However, he has left in the old 2x 256MB modules.So now I have.Slot1: 256MBSlot2: 1GBSlot3: 256MBSlot4: 2GBA Total of  2560 MB R...

mcroft by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiAS discussed earlier ping to inside interface drops  after some intervals.When checked logs in asa built 10.1..x.x  123  65.55.21.22 123 build outbound udp connection 12345 for outside:65.55.21.22 to inside 10.1.x.x /123 for everyhour we are recevi...

Hi,I have a problem with an IPS 4240 cpu utilization. The cpu is reaching 100% and the traffic is being dropped. The IPS has been updated to the latest release 7.0.6 with latest signature update but the problem persisted.I found out that there is a s...

Hi, I need to import a trusted wildcard certificate to AIP-SSM-10 and 20.  I have looked via the IDM and can not see any certificate options, other than generate new.  Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how it is done. I also need to amen...

Resolved! ips failover

hi alli have recently designed a solution having  firewall failover in active standby mode . now i need to add ips in inline mode. with failover capability . 1) is their any failover of ips 4210 ? further how many signatures does 4210 supports ..2) i...

Hi,I have a couple of questions I hope people could answer:1) What recommendations/options are available for downloading signature files to a HTTP/TFTP server prior to having the IOS IPS device pull them from the server?  Is their a way to automate t...

m.renshaw by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: