Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Here's the situation, my network has a Cisco 1811 router. This network is going to be mostly used for remote field operators to VPN into the system (via SSL vpn) and once they have established a VPN cnnection they will use a remote desktop protocol (...

jsandau by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to setup LAN based failover Active/standby between two 5550s.  As I was reading a documentation on Cisco website, it is instructed that all of the interfaces are needed to be configured with active and standby ip addresses.  I'm trying to...

Peter Kim by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I read in the book "Cisco NAC Appliance: Enforcing Host Security with Clean Access" (published 2008) that the Real IP Gateway mode is only IPv4 compatible but that IPv6 compatibility will be provided in a future software update.Having searched around...

We have some old systems that use nat-control as they were upgraded from older pix releases.My main question is, if we disable nat-control, what other actions are required?For example, does the firewall needs to be restarted? or Clear all xlate and c...

pavlosd by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Below is my configuration detail which from which I have been having difficulty access the DMZ (webserver)from the outside.thanksasdm image disk0:/asdm-508.binasdm location 192.168.1.5 255.255.255.255 DMZasdm location 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.255 I...

I'm being asked to send logs from an ASA5510 to a syslog server on port 40991 thats behind an interface with a security level of 50.At this point it's not working, the syslog server is 192.168.233.43 and it's behind an interface named APP with a secu...

w951duu by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, we have a Checkpoint Firewall we are migrating to an ASA.One type of access we have, is for groups of users on the "outside"interface, connecting to Servers on the "Inside" interface.These Servers' addresses are NATted, in a way that the users wi...

walterg74 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm running into a issue with traffic. I have a backup location with internet and connected via MPLS.  I need traffic to route to the main location. Do I only add default route to the asa to point to the main ASA network?Or do I add a static nat to t...

Resolved! 5505 ACL overkill?

Simple question.  Do you think it's overkill to secure a single system down beyond the basic outside_access_in ACLs? The situation is one box with ssh, https, and dameware. The 8.3 ACL configuration:access-list INTERNET_access_in remark HTTPS Ruleacc...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card