Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello Experts,Just had a quick question regarding ASA failover:  Is it possible to have an ASA pair, with the primary ASA being a 5540 and the standby device an ASA 5520 (or vice versa)? I need to replace a set of ASA 5540s with with ASA 5520s on our...

I set the enable, http, and console authentication on an ASA5510 to LOCAL,but did not configure local users.  Now I can't log into it with the original crendentials.  Fortunately, I did not save the configuration to flash so I could always power-cycl...

pootboy69 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I add a Deny ACL after all my permit ACL's will a deny any source to port 500  close the port on my PIX 506? I need to keep that port from showing up in a scan to comply with security standards? Also this should not cause ...

Hi guys, I have 2 CAM working in failover. 3 times this failover had stopped responding sudenly. I couldn´t managed the device through the GUI o SSH. The two devices not responded. The only way to take the control back was restarting them. They have ...

Hello people, we have some Cisco IDS 4215 and would like to know if upgrading the signatures we can remove those released previously or if the previous ones should not be eliminated.Following system information from one of these devices.***TAC Contac...

avvenk by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Most of us knows that ICMP is not a stateful protocol, and we can make it using ICMP inspection in ASA.As per my understanding,In TCP, TCP Flags are making TCP capable of stateful protocol, In UDP, src and dst port numbers playing the role to make...

manuadoor by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are looking for a clarification of ASA nat-control command. Unfortunately, we don't have spare device to test it out.The situation is as follows:An ASA firewall has three interfaces: "inside", "outside", and "corpinside".nat-control is DISABLED.A ...

lanli_ltp by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folks,I am experiencing garbled telnet sessions on port 25 to ms-exchange servers on the other side of an ASA5520.This is an MS "basic check" for inter-server email comms, but is proving problematic.SMTP is permitted through the ASA.Suggestions we...

a.whiting by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pix 500 firewall box.I have a system which is on DMZ and IP is 10.40.1.16, there is webserver running on this.Whenever VPN users connect to VPN they are unable to access this system. But the moment they disconnect VPN they are able to connec...

hi halijenn / pkampana / allI am upgrading ASA (in failover) from version 8.0 to 8.2 which i believe is next minor version for 8.0 (as 8.1 is used for ASA 5580) so please let me know if Zero downtime is possible for the same as per the below link or ...

Hello friends,For host remediation we shld allow for access to a particular destination or by default it is accessible?????ORtraffic policies are applied after a host passes posture assessment and remediation.??? to limit network access.Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card