Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, i have a ASA5540-AIP20-K9 with ASA-SSM-CSC-20-K9 module, but this module is not coming up, in ASDM and for entering the license it doesn't accept old password that should be "cisco" as document says, i don't know how can i reset the module to fac...

Setting up a new DMZ on my ASA 5520 running 7.2(3). I want to allow by exception into the internal network, but allow everything out to the external network. I'm only using private addresses on the internal network. If I simply have a few permit stat...

jcw009 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having a problem with and ACL blocking SSH from the outside interface. I do not want users to SSH my router from the outside at all. Here is my ACL and the way it is applied to the interface that faces the internet.ip access-list extended OUTS...

Hi,I am trying to install my company's VPN so I can remote in...of course. However, I am getting an error stating that a minimum of 800 x 600 screen resolution is required to install the VPN (5.2)(Windows XP Pro SP3)I have a screen resolution larger ...

meridious by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we have remote access vpn user and we wish to control their IP access on the network. Which acl's need to be applied and where to allow and block access to the internal network?The setup is:home vpn user --> Internet --> ASA5500 --> internal demarc ...

So, I have a IDSM-2 module in a 6513 switch. When I try to login to the device I get the follow error:login: PAM Failure, aborting: Critical error - immediate abortThis looks like a Linux error, at least Google searchs show that it happens in linux ...

Hi,I have some users on the external network. I have a timeout of 4hrs say. I want them to have a pre warning before they are disconnected from the system. Is this possible ? It seems rather annoying just kicking people out ?Using PIX 515E and Cisco ...

edw by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm running 8.2 code. I'd like to have an EIGRP learned path take precedence over a backup VPN tunnel between two sites.I ran into problems that seemed to be due to the L2L network on the VPN getting injected into the routing table as a static route...

sbrooke by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In the home page of the ASA I can see the current bandwidth graph of the ext interface..If I go to monitoring, interface graph, external and choose byte counts, I get the graph on the left.1 They show different values.2 The left graph is shows a pers...