Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,My ISP currently suppies me two VLANs over ethernet, one tagged and one untagged. Until now, I've not used the tagged one.On a PIX 515E, IOS 6.3, I have created a vlan interface mapped to ethernet0 and called it outsidetwo with security 1. etherne...

I'm running a PIX 525 with software version 7.2(2)...I'm having a weird acl problem. I've inserted a few lines to the beginning of the acl inside_access_out, however the firewall seems to ignore them and just skip to the end. Here is what I get fro...

niro by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I just purchased a 871-K9 Router and it supposed to have come with an IPS. However, when I installed the SDM it stated that I needed to contact Cisco and upgrade my IOS image. What gives? Thanks.

jfaranda1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Previously, when using ASDM version 5.2(3), I had no problem connecting to the IPS using any of the IPS tabs or buttons in the interface. Now I'm getting this:For IPS 5.1(6)E1, use the link below to access IPS Device Manager. (If the SSM management I...

Hello,The default policy on an ASA firewall is to drop DNS UDP datagrams larger than 512 bytes. Have you modified this policy? We had quite some DNS root-servers sending UDP packets of 541 bytes. Is there som general recommendation?Best regards,Rutge...

Hi allI am having a problem with my PIX 501.I want to enter the privileged mode but as soon as it completes uploading in user mode it stops therePIX >I try to type "en" and I can't type or do anything.Any idea?Thanks

kbrogi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,one of our sensors is currently having problems not wanting to scan any traffic. when we reload the sensor we get the follow error"errorMessage: SignatureDB: TcpRootNode non-zero refcount (1st pass) - exit destructor name=errUnclassified" a...

We are running 2 x prodction failover Pixes (UR licence) on 6.3. What advantages exist in going to version 7. We do not deploy VPN, IPSec, IP6 or anything other fancy stuff. Just a simple (though extrememly important) rulebase. We do not use PDM just...

peter-net by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes