Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Question to Cisco Folks - I just downloaded the new S253 sig and noticed that its byte size is 423,161... This is much smaller than S252 (=6,630,431) and S251 (=6,629,084).Is this now the norm, or is S253 an incomplete package?Please let us know...

DFiore by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a new 4215 that has been in "monitoring" mode for a while. It is monitoring the inside and outside interfaces of my PIX and I am detecting a lot of TCP SYN Host sweep from my proxy server and a bit of limewire. In regards to the TCP SYN Sweep ...

bberry by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.My client requires SSL VPN to be configured at their site. I had followed the 'SSL VPN Client (SVC) on ASA Using ASDM Configuration Example' from the cisco website. The client has some more requests based on their setup. They require authenticatio...

I am having trouble passing arguments to tcpdump via the packet display command.The tcpdump command I am trying to use is:tcpdump -nvvX host 10.0.0.1It seems I should use:packet display GigabitEthernet0/0 expression -nvvX host 10.0.0.1This doesnt wor...

bmcelyea by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I received the S253 sig update notification yesterday and for the first time it appears the text indicates that I can upgrade my IDS 4210 to the 5.2 version needed to have continued sig support. What is the upgrade path? What do I need to order? E...

rjoslin_2 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pix 506e that will not boot past the point noted below where I have pasted the console screen output. All testing that I can do up to that point comes out ok. Any help with this problem?CISCO SYSTEMS PIX FIREWALL Emb...

lgalbr111 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Netpro's,My CiscoWorks application is failing to start. There are 3 services displayed under the Services console:1) CW2000 ANI database engine (Started)2) CW2000 Daemon Manager (Unable to Start)3) CW2000 VisiBroker Smart Agent (Started)Is there a...

I am looking for a realtively simple IDS. Something that monitors and alerts on intrusions. Does anyone have a recommendation for a particlur device. This doesnt have to be high end, price is a major factor.

901224H by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm working on one of our lab 515 firewalls testing a config change that I'll be pushing out. I pulled the config off of the production box and pasted it into the lab. Now on the box I'm getting the following error message, which probably doesn't do ...

Eli Barb by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card