Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,Can 802.1q be used for monitoring with IDS? is so can someone guide me as to how it works and how its configured.I have been searching for more information to no avail.. please help.

Is there a way to configure DHCP reservation on a Pix501?I know Pix can act as a DHCP server, but I can't seem to find anything on reservation...I need certain client PCs to have particular IPs so that I can exclude those from deny ACLs.

Hi, am running V 6.3.5 and have a total of 24 maximum interfaces on my Pix, and are currently using 15 of them. If I upgrade to V7, does that maximum number increase ???? I have looked for doco on the maximum under V7 but cannot locate anything.Thank...

itchampnz by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI upgraded a PIX515E today from 7.0 to 7.2. It solved the problem I had but now I can not ping or route via the internal LAN HSRP address.To get around this I have had to add the routes twice via the two internal routers actual interfaces with dif...

jskelley by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have configured a VPN (site-to-site, PIX to Juniper) and I have to use the DHCP-Server in location A with the clients in location B. I configureddhcprelay server 10.10.10.10 outsidedhcprelay enable insidedhcprelay timeout 30Now if I do ipconfig /re...

isk-admin by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone;I have an IDS-4215 appliance on our network. However the password was lost and no one knows the username or password. i have tried reimaging the device but i receive an error when it tries to transfer the image via tftp. this device ha...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card