Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

When a master blocking sensor issues a shun to a pix it shuns x.x.x.x / 0.0.0.0 which will block any host with address x.x.x.x making a connection to your PIX. However if we take the case of an IE exploit you want the SIG to fire and the shun to bloc...

d-g-c by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to upgrade the IDSM-2 Modules in my 6513 switches from ver. 4.x to 5.0.1. (a major upgrade). The procedures indicate "the system will be restarted at the end of the upgrade...". My question is which system will restart? Will just the IDSM-2...

jkussow by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a generic step by step way for one to start his network off using IPS/IDS? We have 2 4235 1 FWSM and some PIXs and VPN concentrator soon to be monitored by CMS. Do I set the IDS device to report all information and then tweak from there? A...

dpatkins by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. I have question obout IDSM-2 which is using 98% of the memory.Output from sh ver:Using 1944629248 out of 1979682816 bytes of available memory (98% usage)Using 4.3G out of 17G bytes of available disk space (27% usage)It is normal that it is usi...

-cybermen by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiOn a PIX 525 running ver 6.3 with a 4 port 10/100 card installed will it be possible to configure the interfaces as follows:e0 - Inside interface e1 - Firewall stateful failover e2 - Firewall Failover monitoring link e5 - Outside interfaceI am basi...

srowles by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Every time I boot one of my 4 PIX, it stops at the following displaying in console. It does not even come to the point of accepting break. The ACT LED is dimly flashing, the power LED looks fine. ACT LEDs at the back are flashing. Any suggestions on ...

Chuan Liu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card