Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I am receiving a lot of syslog messages%PIX-3-710003: GRE access denied by ACL from x.x.x.x to to outside: y.y.y.y%PIX-3-305006: regular translation creation failed for protocol 47 src inside:z.z.z.z dst outside:x.x.x.xwhen my inside user is connecte...

Hello,I prepare to configure a PIX 525 with 3 interfaces.It will have a Webserver on the DMZ.The Webserver must communicate with a SQL Server located in the inside network.Here is my questions :1) to autorize traffic between the DMZ and the Inside, i...

I need a little help with a PIX ACL. I know how to open ports for specific IP addresses, but I need a little help opening ports on a server on my inside network with a public address but to have the ports be opened for only a specific network. for ...

bchyka by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm very confuse with this.I don't know where I should put the deny sentences to block MSN Messenger. See below.sh ru:namesobject-group service MSN_Messenger_tcp tcp description MSN Messenger tries to use these ports port-object eq www port-obje...

jaisol by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm using PDM 3.03, but this has happened on previous versions, and its time to figure out why this is happening. I'm able to modify the firewall config just fine, but monitoring is completely busted. I keep getting "Lost connection to firewall". I...

graves by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I Installed newly my VMS2.2 server in another machine .now i want to import csa backup files and licenses.so which files should i need to import from existing vms server.can anybody guide me on thisThanks in advanceRegardsNataraj

nataraj_v by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am new to Cisco Pix and need to configure a 506e we have purchased to use a DMZ. Does anyone have a basic DMZ config I can work with. We have our internal network on 192.168.1.x and a Vlan on 192.168.2.x. We need access from internal out, and ac...

Any recommendations on the best way to use IOS IPS to stop P2P and IM?I set up a 3845 with 12.3(14)T1 to do this by importing signatures from the latest SDF using SDM. I used the attack-drop, and all IM and P2P signatures I could find. I changed them...

rversluis by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a PIX firewall with v6.3(4) os.I want to nat traffic headed out of the outside interface to a specific subnet.inside 172.16.0.1 /24outside 172.16.1.1 /24I want to nat traffic from workstations on the 172.16.0.0/24 subnet going through the PIX...

dagates by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a 2611 with several site to site tunnels established (IPSEC over GRE). Using SDM to see which tunnels are up, I look under VPN, Edit Site-to-Site and see my tunnels. Problem is, I see an entry for each tunnel replicated under each tunnel inte...

lhoyle by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes