Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a PIX 515 and VPN client 4.01. When I use a dial up connection the tunnel works fine and I can see the internal network, but when trying to connect from another network (I suppose they have some firewall) or from my GSM phone (GPRS) the tunnel...

jmondaca by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm using the Cisco VPN client 4.0.2 on windows XP and 2000 computers. I want to set the MTU to 1400. For that, i've used the "set mtu" cisco software. After my computer reboot, the mtu size is still 1300 bytes and my traffic is fragmented.Does an...

royda1061 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible?I have Ospf configurated with a router internet and I have second router that it isn´t running ospf on that.I have a static default route configured on second router with metric 120(upper than OSPF)The router configured with ospf is se...

Can you have two default routes with PIX 515? My goal is to be able to hook two interfaces to different routers. Each of the routers will be using BGP and they will serve as a redundant internet connection. This would require two pix interfaces an...

Has anyone got any news regarding the OS release 7 of PIX firewall? Any information as to what new features will support, what is the minimum requirements and when it would be available?

pavlosd by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Shunning to a pix

I have shunning configured but I am confused about configuring blocking on the signatures. What is the difference between block host and block connection? On my signatures now I have block host checked and the shun works but it only creats a block ...

Hi... hopefully someone will be able to help a PIX newbie like me... here's the problem. I am moving from an ISA 2000 firewall server to a PIX 515E. Our network is on a 10.0.0.1 - 10.0.5.254 "network." I have two lines to the internet, however, which...

enpop1 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an issue with devices running Windows CE. Specifically HP IPAQ h4355 pocket pcs running Pocket PC 2003. If the device is configured for DHCP an IP address will never be assigned to he hand held when in the same segment as the PIC running DHCP ...

tnorr6969 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

"305006:portmap translation creation failed for udp src inside:192.168.1.xxx/port_number dst outside:199.xxx.xxx.xxx/port_number"I get this after creating a rule to allow access to a terminal server on our internal network. I can access the server f...

ehodge15 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am running PIX 525 6.3(3)4 interfaces 2 FE, 2 GE1 FE used for stateful failover1 FE will be used for DMZ1 GE inside1 GE outsideAttached to 6509I set GE-outside to VLAN 201 on the 6509 the fiber port it is plugged into is VLAN 201I set GE-inside to ...

jrahl by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Could some one please direct me on where to find literature on CISCO IPSec shared keys verses IPSec Internally generated Certificate based. If there isn’t any literature on the comparison of these two than the pros and cons of each would be good enou...